Imperial Creative Engineering > Graphic Artwork

Jim's Art

(1/4) > >>

James:
In the Droids comic series from the 80's, there is a cool looking white TIE Fighter Pilot in issue 8 that I really like. As you can see, he doesn't look anything like the TIE pilots that we are familiar with. He only appears in two panels and neither of them give a full view. By putting together what I could see in the two pictures, this is what I came up with.

This next picture is of Horville from the Ewoks cartoon episode 'Horville's Hut of Horrors' . This was the first picture that I've done with colored pencils in years, and I'm not really satisfied with the result. I may need to take up painting instead...

spudafett:
those are great!  that tie pilot rocks.  It would make an awesome custom.  Would you mind posting some pics of the pannels from the comic?  I'd like to see how your take on the original looks.

I'm thinking that the mcquarie boba fett body would be perfect for a custom figure of the white tie pilot, you would have to make a new helmet....

Reconsgt:
Very nice as a fan of both series, I like to see more art, customs or anything from those. Good Job

Tamer:
drawings sure look good to me!

James:

--- Quote from: spudafett on August 31, 2009, 12:03:51 PM ---those are great!  that tie pilot rocks.  It would make an awesome custom.  Would you mind posting some pics of the pannels from the comic?  I'd like to see how your take on the original looks.

I'm thinking that the mcquarie boba fett body would be perfect for a custom figure of the white tie pilot, you would have to make a new helmet....

--- End quote ---

Here are the two panels that show the TIE pilot. You can tell that mine is mostly based on the one on the left, but since he was incomplete I had to use some of the details that I could see in the picture on the right to finish him off. It looked to me that in the picture on the right  the pilot had hoses coming from his helmet and going to his back, which is kind of a cool feature, so I added them in my drawing.
It's too bad this character is so obscure, he would make a really nice comic pack figure. Maybe I'll have to send in a question to Hasbro about that sometime.
Next up, I think I'll be sketching an X-Wing pilot from the same  comic. They have a really unusual, non movie look too. Hey, maybe there's the second guy for the comic pack!

By the way, thanks for the compliments guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version