Poll

Vote for your favorite AT-AT Heavy Gunner for the latest challenge!

JDeck
jon_k
bdc41866
Rezakai
OC47150
Tonphanan
I-am-Boba-Fett
Starchaser

Author Topic: AT-AT Heavy Gunner Challenge  (Read 41469 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: AT-AT Heavy Gunner Challenge
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2016, 05:47:29 AM »
Damn I read the dates wrong I thought it was the 30th July. Good luck guys all your works are fantastic.

Ron

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 07:57:00 AM »
My entry. Used the EVO trooper body and an AT-AT helmet. If you look closely, you will see dirt on the helmet. Yes, it's real. The fig fell over while I was taking pictures.

One of the pix has the gunner wearing an ammo rig harness. That's from a GI Joe set. Couldn't lay my hands on the matching gun in short notice, so a blaster was used.

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »
Rezakai so glad to see you got your entry in in time. I think that looks so tough. Kind of reminds me of those heavy ALIENS Marine Gunners (guy and gal with the torso guns). So cool and off to share this as the final update for the contest!

Hey Tamer,
Any chance of extending the deadline for this contest til the end of July?

IABF, I am so sorry to hear about your family emergency, but in all fairness to the other contest entrants we will be sticking to the challenge guidelines as today is the last day to post your entry. Trust me I would love to see more entries as this character is near and dear to me,  but today is the last day to enter.

For what it's worth, I was looking forward to seeing IABF and Hemble's finished works...as someone that's already submitted, I wouldn't be opposed to extending until the 30th. I've already waited 2 months, another week won't kill me. Obviously it isn't my call and there are others involved, but that's my 2 cents.

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »
Rezakai so glad to see you got your entry in in time. I think that looks so tough. Kind of reminds me of those heavy ALIENS Marine Gunners (guy and gal with the torso guns). So cool and off to share this as the final update for the contest!

Hey Tamer,
Any chance of extending the deadline for this contest til the end of July?

IABF, I am so sorry to hear about your family emergency, but in all fairness to the other contest entrants we will be sticking to the challenge guidelines as today is the last day to post your entry. Trust me I would love to see more entries as this character is near and dear to me,  but today is the last day to enter.

For what it's worth, I was looking forward to seeing IABF and Hemble's finished works...as someone that's already submitted, I wouldn't be opposed to extending until the 30th. I've already waited 2 months, another week won't kill me. Obviously it isn't my call and there are others involved, but that's my 2 cents.

Hmmm an extra week to work on my custom... i'm down for it.

if Tamer agrees of course.

Offline tonphanan

• Ensign
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2016, 03:27:35 PM »
  AT-AT Heavy Gunner - Desert Squad (Final entry)

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2016, 04:36:38 PM »
I am so jealous of the helmet art work you all have done.
These just make each figure that more outstanding.
My hat is off to each of you.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2016, 08:03:56 PM »
  AT-AT Heavy Gunner - Desert Squad (Final entry)

Mind sharing what you used for the scarf? I've been looking for something like that

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2016, 08:28:03 PM »
Here's my entry. Made it! Just getting in under the wire. Not my first concept for this Heavy Gunner of mine as I had an all new different style of Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper helmet built out and resin cast but did not get to finish painting it in time. So...here's my alternate custom AT-AT Heavy Gunner figure with all resin cast waist/hip pouches and an all new custom made weapon.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:45:50 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2016, 10:02:55 PM »
So here's my entry (really close to the deadline  ;)):

(Thought I might want to take a picture of him in an AT-AT ;D)

Backstory:

Cref Pteska - from Corulag recruited to the Armored Calvary attached to the special forces Lightning Battalion. Cref was part of the infamous Vestar campaign, during which most of his unit was destroyed. Cref's marksmanship with the heavier weapons of the Armored Cavalry was well-known and earned him the moniker "Flare" ("because," his fellow soldiers said, "he lights 'em up."). Due to his reputation, his senior officers re-designated him as Heavy Armor and made him a door gunner on an AT-AT, attaching him to a newly formed unit made up of the surviving members of previous units called, appropriately, "The Misfits." Because he was previously associated with the Lightning Battalion, Cref was allowed to paint his armor a non-standard blue and he sports the lightning bolts on his helmet shield.

Recipe:
Helmet = Saga Collection AT-AT Driver
Body = Saga Legends Snowtrooper
Back armor = Saga Collection Snowtrooper (torso cracked opened and dremmeled out to fit)
Gun = the pack in from the TFA figures

I turned the AT-AT Driver's chest piece sideways, added a side column for symmetry and then cut off, re-oriented and re-attached the hoses. Then I used black coated wire to form the hoses that run between the back of the helmet and the "ear pieces" of the helmet.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:17:16 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2016, 10:23:28 PM »
BTW - Great entries everyone!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2016, 06:08:42 AM »
Ok, locking this down now. I will get the voting thread sorted soon so we can get our winners. Glad to see so many final entries!

And I do apologize for those who needed more time for their entries, and I appreciate the fact that some are wanting to extend it, but in all challenge fairness the submission date will stand.

Good luck to the entrants and I will post the poll here soon after I feature all these last entries on the front pages (you all deserve the exposure).

Thanks for entering!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:16:32 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 09:27:20 AM »
Got Starchaser's entry on the front page.

When we get all these last ones featured we will start the poll.

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2016, 06:45:31 PM »
Love that color scheme Starchaser...kickass

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2016, 08:20:53 AM »
IABF's entry is today's feature. I like the look of him. McQuarriesque!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »
OC47150's Entry is highlighted today. I think that is the last entry we need to feature so look for the vote to start tomorrow!