Author Topic: Schleich "Wild Life" Cave Playset  (Read 3304 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Schleich "Wild Life" Cave Playset
« on: April 04, 2016, 04:05:53 PM »

Here are some shots of the Schleich "Wild Life" Cave Playset I picked up today.

This diorama is a really nice size. It comes in 4 major pieces (2 base halves, main rock and the cave cap) and assembles in minutes. I applied some Krazy Glue at a few points to make the parts fit snug and secure and to minimize the few tiny gaps when assembled (mostly where the cave cap connects to the main rock piece).

The plants are removable (the darker green one is also modular and breaks into 4 smaller plants) and there are several mounting points so you can customize their layout any way you would like.

The set comes with a lioness figurine and an antelope bone accessory. They are both expertly sculpted and painted. Their scale is almost perfect 1/18 scale so they can be used for display with just about any and all 3.75" and 4" action figure lines (I used a 30th Anniversary "G.I.Joe" Zombie-Viper as a model for this photoshoot).

I highly recommend this diorama playset for the current $19.99 price on www.walmart.com. it is an EXCELLENT piece at this price.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:08:13 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Schleich "Wild Life" Cave Playset
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 02:31:49 AM »
Pretty nice. I hope folks were able to take advantage of that price yesterday. Looks like its up to 31 bucks today. I also see they have a dinosaur playset that looks similar too.

Review to the front pages.

Offline Forceflow

• Ensign
  • Droid, please!
    • Forceflow's Special Modifications
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 03:48:16 AM »
Nice that the plants are removable. Looks like it has a lot of potential... maybe swapping the plants for some railroad/model versions. Thanks for sharing, I'll be keeping an eye on the price to drop again.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 06:07:20 AM »
Schleich does some phenomenal diorama parts and buildings. Even their vehicles are pretty nice.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 09:21:29 AM »
Thanks for the review and the heads up on this piece - diorama pieces are always appreciated.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »
Thanks for the review! I agree with Commander_Kurgan! Schleich is an amazing brand that unfortunately doesn't produce only in Germany anymore, but also in China, Portugal and Tunesia by now...both of my sisters are big fans of Schleich animals and their incredible detail! When I was a kid I used to have some, too. Last week I actually got some new figures to use for my upcoming dioramas. I hope you get some more great deals in the future!