Author Topic: Restoring Star Wars Action Figures: Neimoidian Commander - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 23971 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Wow, that's a nice insight into the history of the Netherlands and roots of Star Wars. It's always interesting to see what else inspired George Lucas. I find this very inspiring and some fellow customizers may as well, so please leave the image here if that's okay with you.
I'm definitely reading more about the VOC's history. This morning I watched some tutorials on sculpting as I'm working on a Felucia diorama at the moment.
Thank you so much for sharing your historical knowledge here! This is so much fun and makes me wish I could travel to the Netherlands again and visit some museums there. But bless the internet in this case as we can get almost all information here as well.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
I added some more reference pictures to my Neimoidian Commander.
It's interesting how many variations Wizards of the Coast made for their MINIATURES tabletop game. And makes me wonder how much more concept art exists of my favorite Episode: Revenge of the Sith

You can join the discussion on the Star Wars Miniatures series here.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
I know I'm Captain Obvious here, but I took the time to get all my custom fodder together. With the few extra hands and helmet I got over the years, I was able to complete some figures.
Sometimes it pays off to go through the custom inventory.
Do you trade any loose parts on Facebook or elsewhere? Tipoca City Traders seem to be very serious about it. I don't like most FB groups because most of my posts were never published.

Hands are tough for me to cast in resin. But I know that there's flexible resin (like rubber) available for 3D printers. So that might be the right solution for me down the road.

I was able to complete all the troops above with original parts.

Finally completed the Anti-Hailfire Squad

Just two head-swaps between troops from 2 different lots completed 2 more 327th Troopers!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 05:43:38 AM by Darth More »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 09:10:56 AM by Tamer »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Figures look good. Glad you were able to complete em.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
You have to be patient to complete figures sometimes. Good job finishing up trooper units.