Author Topic: RCWCreations diorama's: Takodana's Forest encounter  (Read 37841 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Panther's diorama's
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2016, 01:18:30 AM »
Looking awesome mate and great idea with Yoda's light..

Ron

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2016, 01:36:19 AM »
Thanks Ron, I'm thinking of dremmeling into the wood to hide the cable and attaching a figure base for him to sit on or would you recommend gluing him onto the railing? 

I was thinking of using sand mixed with PVA glue for the Ewok hut, what do you think?

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2016, 12:09:16 AM »
Morning All

Last night, I carried on working on the handrail. Using string, I wrapped it round the post joints, hiding the glue. to keep the ends from fraying and becoming loose, I used superglue to stick the ends down. Taking my rotary tool I carved out a groove into the middle post, this will enable me to hide Yoda's LED cable. Then taking a plastic figure stand I cut to fit round the top of the center post and using hot glue, glued it in place, this now provides the perch for Yoda to sit on. Allowing me to fully utilize the LED to light Yoda.

As you can see, none of this is glued in yet, until I start painting it.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »
The Ewok hut, I cut out the door and using black card and sticking it on the inside of the door, still hiding the battery pack from view. I ran another LED up and inside the hut, to shine down onto the card and floor. As you can see I have not got the angle right just yet!

You will also notice I have put a little roof on, looking at it, this is too small and shallow, what I want is something bigger, which starts just above the door to where it stops now, then it will be thatched.

There is still more to do but I think its coming on nicely!

If you would like to see more pictures of the development of this, they can be found on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/richardscreativeworkshop/

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2016, 09:46:09 AM »
This is looking great. Time to share.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2016, 11:31:50 PM »
Last night, I mixed up some PVA glue with sand and covered the hut with it to make a mud Ewok hut and let it dry. I am un sure what to do for the background, I printed off an Ewok background and I might stick it to a piece of card and use it as a back drop. The long tube to the right, is going to be a tree, I have printed e decal of a tree and stuck it to the tube but like the backdrop I am unsure of whether to use it or I scrap it and do a more natural background. I saw some one use scraps of card, stuck to a cardboard tube to make tree trunk, I gave that a go last night to see which I would prefer. The long tube with the decal on or a long tube made to look like a tree!

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2016, 03:10:15 AM »
Very creative on those trees. I like both styles. Off to share.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2016, 08:06:27 AM »
What to do on a sick day! With being struck down today with a stomach bug I decided to make full use of this day!

To start with, I built a new roof for the Ewok hut and using PVA glue and Scale Scenic field grass, I gave the hut a thatched roof. Then taking a second long tube, I cut more cardboard strips out and stuck them onto the tube, similar to the smaller tube.

Now this is where it gets tricky for a red/green colour blind person, mixing brown paint! Yes I now realise that I originally made a brown/orange colour and used it as a base coat for the walkway and the huts stand. Through the course of the day due to the heat, the paint has being drying faster, which has been giving me the chance to apply darker washes over both the trees, walkway and hut stand.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2016, 08:10:32 AM »
Unfortunately I didn't have any tissue paper to cover the trees as I was recommended earlier today and feeling like I do, was not up to going out and buying some. Instead I have been applying layers of paint with different degrees of washes and will be raiding my garden for twigs and small branches for effect.

Just going to leave everything to dry before I start trimming the hut roof and adding real branches to the trees for effect.

I think Wicket likes his new house!

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2016, 08:51:01 AM »
While it is still drying, I put it all back together again to see what it would look like.

I couldn't resist adding in a few Ewoks, I had to make sure it was to their scale first!

I think, it just needs the finishing touches and gluing together.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2016, 03:20:07 AM »
Finally finished!

Using hot glue, I glued the Yoda's LED into place, making sure the wire was tucked into the groove and hot glue keeping it in place. The walkway and all other pieces glued into place, and another groove cut to slot the back drop into place.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2016, 03:22:27 AM »
Finally pictures of the ghosts in place.

Due to the recent news of Kenny Baker, R2-D2 had to take his proper place in Star Wars history!

A couple of Ewoks had to try it out for size as well!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:27:07 AM by Panther »

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2016, 03:41:53 AM »
A couple of better quality final picture's

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2016, 03:58:23 AM »
Not sure why your images are coming in upside down. Sometimes we have issues with phone graphics doing this. Did you take your pictures with a phone?

You can also use a photo hosting (free online) like I do to host your images and just paste the bbc code directly into your reply post:

Way to bring the dio home though. It looks great. Off to share.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2016, 04:03:55 AM »
Thanks Tamer.

You're right, all of these were taken from my phone.  I recently bought a tripod for my phone and it seems that all photo's taken with my phone in that specific horizontal position are all turning upside down.