Author Topic: post a pic of your workstation....  (Read 21845 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: post a pic of your workstation....
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »
man phatty you made me remember something that I meant to do....

nice set ups guys.  now that i've settled in at my parents I've been setting up my own workstation in my new bedroom....  it's in shambles right now but I'm slowly working on it between resting my back.  The fish wern't biting in the pond... so I figured I'd try to get some work done in here! lol

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 11:40:03 PM »
heres my new room in my parent's basement:

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 05:21:08 AM »
Now that's a workstation! I see you even worked in a little display area. Consider me a bit jealous.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:25 AM »
Wow Spud!  That is a nice set up!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »
Nice Spud, Looks like you have plenty of room now and I also like the display area.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »
Spud I'm gonna need you to work this weekend and turn out more customs.. I see holes on that display shelf!! =)

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »
lol I know stenhunter, it looks so empty :(

you guys like that shelf set up?  it was realy simple to make.

I took some old trim board that was cut into about 1.5 inch widths and cut them to around 2 feet long.  I then used two more peices cut to about the same length for both sides and a scrap peice of floor board for the base.

The great thing about the width of the shelves is that it fits a figure stand perfectly.  I have so many stands now and figured I'd use them for this so I got out the hot glue gun and glued all my extra stands to the shelves on the display unit.  The shelves are by no means at uniform heights, I just eyeballed the height with different figures.  I wanted to make sure I could get that darktrooper on one set and that turned out to be the tallest.

In hindsight I wish that the shelf was just a little wider so that the figure stands had a few centimeters behind them, some of the figures don't fit on the stand up against the wall,  the jetpack- clone in the top left corner of the pic is one of them, the backpack hits the wall and makes him unsteady on the pegs...

but all in all it's nice cust the figures hold tight to the glued down pegged stands and hopefully won't be doing any shelf diving now!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 11:26:01 PM »
guys I thought you might like a video walk through of my room even more than just the pics:

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2009, 11:15:47 AM »
Last night I decided I could not do anything else until I cleaned up my table. I have been looking for some type of step pieces with no good luck so I made some out of foam core. I started putting some of my favorite customs and non customs on the top 2 levels and well have my paint on the lower shelf. I hope to have a pic of a clean desk soon...yea right. ::)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 02:37:26 PM »
Last night I decided I could not do anything else until I cleaned up my table.

I'm at that point again, too  ;D But I know I can do it, as this picture of earlier this year clearly shows:

Problem is, when the table is so tidy and organized it becomes and irresistable pleasure to work at it and in no time, there's body parts, paint jars, Dremel residue, pieces of styrene and WIPs all over the place  ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
w9, i'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem.  I have disorganized ocd... if something is clean I have to use it and mess it up! lol

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2009, 04:59:35 PM »
Finally got a new desk, looked for months. . .

here it is mostly assembled:

And here we are post assembly, but the room is a mess:

And here is the rest of the room, remember I only have 20x12 and eventually, the wife will want to put a bed back in here, lol.  I'm also going to have to give back the laundry table(our old wooden table):

I loved my old desk so much, its now my painting desk(which is light duty if you guys know me, :) )

my green room/generic dio/ cobra safety office:

I'll get more pics up once I get it all cleaned up. . .but to be honest, I'm kind of a slob.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »
Good looking desk. Nice to see some walker love there too. Like the walker artwork on that top shelf. I ain't gonna fault your computer's screen either. Good taste all the way around.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2009, 11:47:45 AM »
Nice set up Narceron. Looks like you have plenty of room to work. Nice Joe vehicles and playsets.

I did get my desk cleaned up and glad to say I am now an organized pack rat. I am going to try to clean up as I go from now on. It is so much more enjoyable seeing my desk like this.

this is my figure/paint rack. I will switch the figures out every couple of weeks or when the mood strikes. You can see a few WIP's in this shot.

Under the desk there are boxes of SW figures, Indy fodder, a fabric box, the front one holds 2 dremels, a heat gun and a glue gun.

Under my printer table I have the coolest wet wipe boxes ever. They are shaped like legos and all are labeled with generic weapons, generic figures, SW weapons, IJ weapons and bits, vehicle parts, Joe parts, etc. Then my dremmel bit case and a organizer full of small bits of all types, glues, sculpting tools, tooth pics, pretty much everything under the sun.

and here is another storage bin set up in the closet. Mostly all figures and custom supplies. With more SW stuff on the top shelf. You can see part of my custom tank. The bag is some parts I just rummaged up and wouldn't fit in my box.

Can you find the oldest toy in this picture?

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »

I did get my desk cleaned up and glad to say I am now an organized pack rat. I am going to try to clean up as I go from now on. It is so much more enjoyable seeing my desk like this.

Yeah, that's the ideal situation. But you and I both know, that's not likely to stay that way  :P But the steps are a great idea. I have my paints in a toolbox tray and whenever I need a colour I have to pick each one up to see if it's the right one (I mostly have Citadel's Games Workshop paints with the black caps).