Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280252 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #870 on: July 20, 2011, 06:52:17 AM »
Ok, I sent in our round for the 22nd even though we don't have our last rounds answers back yet. No use in us being late.

I used Clint's ARC Trooper BP questions and Doc and GS's question about Lobot and well the "minor supporting characters" question.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #871 on: July 20, 2011, 07:00:22 AM »
are you planning on making Owen and Beru Lars? because it would be cool if you rereleased the disturdance at lars homestead with better figures.
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #872 on: July 20, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
an excellent question, Chewie. Yes, I missed that one when it came out and would love a chance to snag one at retail.

Welcome to the shipyards!

i have it , cost me a fortune on ebay thankfully the euro is stronger so i just cost about the price of a at-at , they better keep the electronics cuz thats whats awsome about it and the escape pos is very cool too,. i think that if someone willing to pay for that huge milenium falcon and at-te i think people will buy the royal naboo especiall with the 3d movie comming up. or hopefully for the ptm i would like to see the droid carrier tank
May the Force be with you !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #873 on: July 22, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »
Hey we got back our answers from June 24th's Questions, well sort of I guess:

1) We are all pretty excited with the prospects of the new prototype armor Boba Fett redemption mail away offer this year. Can you give us an idea about which wave of TVC figures we can expect to get the redemption form with, how long the offer will last, and which line's upcs will count towards the redemption?

Glad to hear folks are excited about the Prototype Armor Boba Fett redemption figure.  All fall 2011 3.75" Vintage Collection figure waves will include the redemption program, starting with the first wave for fall that should hit retail in September.  Redemption requests must be postmarked by March 2012.

2) TPM 3D is coming and giving an incredible opportunity to unleash the most iconic of prequel ships.  Versions of it appeared in every prequel movie (and a few TCW toons):   Naboo's Royal Starship.  Can you re-release this sleek beauty, once more, as an exclusive this coming movie year?  To reduce costs, gut the electronics, rid it of its 2 small vehicles, and include just a small figure (Astromech or Anakin).  If you like going big, as you did by slapping 2 enlarged wings on the old/new Tie Fighter.  Simply elongate her front nose and back tails, and you have a bigger badder ship!  You successfully used old molds before and sold(out) the Emperor's Shuttle Target exclusive in 2006.   Can you repeat that same success by using this other set of ready-made molds?  Naboo's Royal Starship, unleashed in time for the movie year, or 3D blu-ray holiday debut, in 2012?

Yes, Episode I in 3-D allows for a number of favorite vehicles to be added to the line.  Sadly, the Royal Starship and Emperor's Shuttle did not make the list.  But we think fans will be pleased with the line-up which includes a 100% newly tooled iconic vehicle.  We would be sharing too much information if we were to say that it is a yellow starfighter that rhymes with shampoo.

So I am quessing they haven't figured out which figures will count for the redemption? Or hopefully we can find out at SDCC. I guess we got a nugget in that we are getting a new Naboo Starfighter.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:11:09 AM by Tamer »

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #874 on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »
 oh well the original "shampoo" is very nice but a new royal wouldve been better especially now with big shipss making $$$$, bad move hasbro
May the Force be with you !

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #875 on: July 22, 2011, 01:15:51 PM »
Not sure if the market really could support a big Royal Ship, tho.  Of course, there may be some other big ship in the offing we don;t know about just yet.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #876 on: July 22, 2011, 01:59:17 PM »
Well all I will say is that on facebook it is getting quite favorable reviews so far. And for kids, this might have been their first SW Movie so I bet this is good news for them.

Offline nerfherder76

• correllien actio hero
  • Cadet
    • nerfherer76 youtube account
« Reply #877 on: July 23, 2011, 03:22:14 AM »
help me tamer one kenobi your our only hope...

as jay's proberly disscused with you the soyuation in the uk is diabolicle with many of the same issue's the usa are having with tvc line but at a  greater scale  as although hasbro uk have droped toysrus exclusivity i've yet to see any in retail so could you ask/tell them

1. is there any way hasbro usa could get involved  with hasbro uk  as they dont seem to recognise the collectors market in the uk  seen as just toys and nothing more unless theres a major promotion ie movie tv show but that only lasts a few months ( even transformers are experiencing the same issue's with the dotm line as us  star wars fans are used too some independant stockist are cancelling the line entirely) they really need a clue as having to buy imports cost considerably more  and i aint paying £40 for a gamorrean guard

2. we dont get many exclusives ie jabba dewback etc and i fear for the taun tauns cause i wanty especially luke's cause i need that god dam hoth luke as do we all and the landspeeder is sweeet

you can proberly put these question to them in a better way but we seriously need help from our usa cousins if theres any one else out there can help please do

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #878 on: July 23, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Hasbro please release a jedi temple playset for 3 3/4th in. figures

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #879 on: July 24, 2011, 07:09:27 AM »
I will try to reword the question in a style I think our Hasbro folks would answer for all of our foreign friends. We feel your pain folks. The way I see it, perhaps for the first time, we are seeing the distribution problems here that you dealt with on a regular basis. And if its this bad here, I can imagine what it is like across the big pond.

It sure would be cool to get a Jedi playset too, but I have never ever seen them say yes to a playset. If you hit the button off the front page for previous sessions you can see how many times we have asked and how many times they have said no. Ofcourse they say no an awful lot just to produce something down the road (cough, cough, TCW Wookies and Trandos, cough, cough).

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #880 on: July 26, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »
Hasbro, can we ever expect to see the Demolition Droid(s) from SW:TCW released in the animated line?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:03:03 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #881 on: July 27, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

With The Phantom Menace coming out in 3D next year will we see a new sculpted security battle droid and a commander battle droid maybe like a two pack just like the battle droids that came out in the saga legends line last year.

Thanks

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #882 on: July 27, 2011, 03:07:38 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Will you continue the saga legends line with the regular clone troopers?
I really like to army build them. Every time i see them i pick them up.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:11:51 PM by 110clones »

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #883 on: July 28, 2011, 06:25:53 AM »
I asked hasbro a question and they replied!

(My question) Hi, I have a question for a website that i belong to, With the re-release of star wars The Phantom Menace in 3D, will collectors be seeing a evolution of darth maul pack, going from child to sith to machine?

Hasbro:

Thank you for your interest in Hasbro, Inc.

Since many revisions may occur prior to a product release, information, such as release dates, possible new items and where to buy future products, is not available in advance for distribution.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #884 on: July 28, 2011, 10:53:43 AM »
Dillon,

Hasbro hates it when folks try to send them direct messages, matter of fact if you say you are from a particular site or a site's representative they remove you from the list of sites that get to submit questions. Arnie from swactionnews.com has up a podcast where he almost got kicked out of the q and a's because someone said they were from his site and tried asking hasbro quesitons directly.

So please folks, let the SW Sites do the asking. Now I am not saying they will give you a straight answer, but if we want to continue to be able to continue asking questions we need to make sure we go through Hasbro's PR folks who are the "gatekeepers" of all the information. And please folks if you do decide to contact Hasbro youself, do not misrepresent yourself as someone from this site or we could loose our q and a ability, as much as it is anyhow.