Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280801 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #840 on: May 27, 2011, 05:09:48 AM »
Ya know...I do recall all that.  It's my short term memory failing me again.   :)

Not sure if folks are looking around at other sites; but some decent informational answers were put forth by Hasbro in some cases.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #841 on: May 27, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »
Yepper B.R. I put up a few of the questions that appealed to me in the Hasbro Q and A Round Up Report.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #842 on: June 02, 2011, 06:55:44 AM »
Anyone have anymore burning questions for our next round?

We are due to get our last submissions back by June 13th and we have till the 24th to get the next round ironed out. Lets get some good ones worked up!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #843 on: June 08, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »
Don't know if this has been asked.

Dear Hasbro;
  We are all pretty excited with the prospects of the new prototype armor Boba Fett redemption mail away offer this year. Can you give us an idea about which wave of tvc figures we can expect to get the redemption form with, how long the offer will last, and which line's upcs will count towards the redemption?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #844 on: June 08, 2011, 05:10:06 PM »
Thats a good one Clint. We haven't seen one of those redemption forms yet. I kinda figured the new Vintage Wave would have em, but guess not.

How bout this one?

For those of us who have been lucky enough to find the Vintage ARC Trooper Commander which is modeled after Fordo from the first anime Clone Wars we think you have knocked the ball right out of the park. Are you planning to use the same body for future Clone Trooper releases similar to Fordo and the great AOTC Clone Trooper? And since we got Fordo can you please make the Blue ARCs from this series too so we can go after Greivous with our Shark Faced LAATs?

That can probably be touched up a bit better, but from what I can see of Clint's review this looks spot on.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #845 on: June 09, 2011, 01:47:47 PM »
I've got 2:

Dear Hasbro;
Since you've made Captain Fordo in the new sculpt, are you planning on making the Heavy Gunner to go with him? It's basicly just a repaint of the AOTC clone, add a kama, give it the AT-RT driver helmet and give it that massive gun he had in the episode.

Dear Hasbro;
Now you've made the basic AOTC clone, are you planning on making the clones from AOTC in that sculpt e.g. Captain, Commander, Pilot, Lieutenant and Sergeant?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #846 on: June 14, 2011, 05:44:13 PM »
We have our answers! Here goes:

1) We have seen numerous Republic Gunships in Season 2 and Season 3 of The Clone Wars and some of them had some fantastic nose art. One of them that comes to mind is Ki Adi Mundi's LAAT from Landing at Point Rain (We believe it is called the Separtist Nightmare) that has the great image of a Clone Trooper Helmet as a kind of Skull. Is there any chance we will see this or any other version of a Gunship being released soon so we can transport our Clones to the planet's surface?

Love this topic.  A Republic Gunship is not currently planned for 2012, but perhaps 2013…

2) Having recently finished up viewing the Season 3 Finale of The Clone Wars with the Episodes Padawan Lost and Wookie Hunt we were immersed into the history of the Trandoshans versus the Wookies. Hands down I think I can speak for everyone when I say I would love to see specific figures and vehicles made for every character in these episodes and was wondering if you could release any specific details on which Trandoshans/Wookies are going to be made and if we are going to see any of the great Trandoshan Skiffs (MSP80 Pteroptors) perhaps in a battlepack or in a mini-rig vehicle offering?

We agree that many of these vehicles and characters were fantastic.  However, given our shift in focus on characters and vehicles that can be seen in many episodes/storylines, items such as these that appear in shorter story arcs are not planned for the toy line.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #847 on: June 14, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »
Bummer on the Trando question as that was not the case for the first season characters. I'm kind of surprised about the gunship answer as well. I figured that was a no brainer that a gunship would always be a sure-fire sale.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #848 on: June 14, 2011, 06:40:05 PM »
Guess its up to us customizers to make our Trandos. :( That was disappointing to see but kind of expected. Given that they said characters from shorter story arcs not likely being made I wonder what that would mean for "nightsister" characters. I need me a Mother Talzin fig!!

I have heard on YT that Lucasfilm is not going to okay Hasbro making anymore of the clone wars microseries figures. Commanderbacara198 on YT who always gets everything right away and reviews it said that Hasbro got special permission to make the Ct. Fordo fig and only did so with the fact that its official name was ARC Trooper Commander. He went on to say in his review of the figure that Lucas is trying to "get rid" of the microseries and focus on the Clone Wars animated series.  I don't know what it means for a Blue ARC but i don't know that it would preclude it. I do think that that means the Clone Heavy Gunner might not be made as he was only seen in the microseries and has become sort of a icon for it.

I am excited by the hopeful comment about the gunship though and while the answer came back with 2013 we all know how plans can change in a year.... Its not even 2012 yet!

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #849 on: June 14, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »
big bummer on the gunship, i had to pay a fortune for crumb bomber on ebay but its the coolest gunship ever
May the Force be with you !

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #850 on: June 14, 2011, 11:07:34 PM »
I like how they said they were going to have a "shift in focus" in what figures they make. I guess they will focus on filling the shelves with Obi-wan, Anakin, and all the other pegwarmers.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #851 on: June 15, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »
"We agree that many of these vehicles and characters were fantastic.  However, given our shift in focus on characters and vehicles that can be seen in many episodes/storylines, items such as these that appear in shorter story arcs are not planned for the toy line."

If this was the case then why all the snow troopers and snow Rex and the Freeco Speeder vehicle sets?
Unless I am wrong, weren't these just one episode fodder which sold great?
And isn't a 2 part story arc longer than a single episode?
Plus they made Chewy already, right? and how many other figures were only in one episode, yet still made production?
This all seems like a line of BS to me.
A Trandoshan figure has to be in the works and the vehicles are guaranteed to sell.
Just look at the BARC speeder packs and droid mini tank repacks with different figures. Nearly impossible to get immediately after release.

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #852 on: June 15, 2011, 10:58:02 AM »
I like how they said they were going to have a "shift in focus" in what figures they make. I guess they will focus on filling the shelves with Obi-wan, Anakin, and all the other pegwarmers.

No the focus will now be on filling the REST of the shelves and pegs up with those figures and battle packs that don't sell. How many copies of the Hero's do we really need? I can understand having a few new outfits but every wardrobe change doesn't mean there needs to be a figure produced! Give us the major versions Hasbro and then get to work filling out the rest of the characters!

As for the gunship always being a great seller I agree and I also feel that every year there should be certain core ships released in new or at least updated decos. X-Wings, TIE's, Gunships etc... these are vehicles that people will and do want more versions of either for display or for play. These are things that will sell every time they come out. If Hasbro wants to see what ships to reissue then simply look to the secondary market and see the prices that people are asking and getting for these items.

Just my .2 cents sorry about the rant.

Offline Chewie77

• Cadet
« Reply #853 on: June 15, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

TPM 3D is coming + giving an incredible opportunity to unleash thee most iconic of Prequel ships.  Versions of it appeared in every Prequel movie (and a few TCW toons).   Naboo's Royal Starship.  Can you re-release this sleek beauty, once more, as an exclusive this coming movie year?  To reduce costs, gut the electronics, rid of its 2 small vehicles, and include just a small figure (Astromech or Anakin).  If you like going big, as you did slapping 2 enlarged wings on the old/new Tie Fighter.  Simply elongate her front nose + back tails, and you got a bigger badder ship!  You successfully milked old molds before and sold(out) the Emperor's Shuttle Target exclusive in 2006.   Can you repeat that same success by milking this other set of ready-made molds?  Naboo's Royal Starship, unleashed in time for the movie year, or 3D blu-ray holiday debut, in 2012?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:38:40 AM by Chewie77 »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #854 on: June 15, 2011, 03:08:46 PM »
an excellent question, Chewie. Yes, I missed that one when it came out and would love a chance to snag one at retail.

Welcome to the shipyards!