Author Topic: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!  (Read 19734 times)

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
Re: Xizor's Virago: Custom Figures!
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »
Really dig your weapon work, as well as those battle droids!
I'm really impressed by the pieces that I've seen in your thread. Nice job on the bounty hunters, too.
I also am chomping at the bit for a new Zuckuss.
Nice customs. Keep up the good work.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2009, 10:13:39 PM »
Okay, time for some new customs! First, A W.I.P. clone commando... sort of. I'm really into the Republic Commando novels, so I want a super-articulated Omega Squad, and the crappy ones in the 4-pack just aren't doin' it for me. So, I took a Mark I (i.e. episode II) standard clone, chopped his helmet fin off (those things are dumb looking anyways), and mixed up a color as close as I could to the visor color of the RCs. I tried mixing a bit of silver into it to make it look shiny, but it didn't happen.. maybe one day I'll just make a gradient going white-teal-black from top to bottom, with a weeeee tiny brush. Also, he will have a backpack once I can figure out what to make it out of. Enjoy!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2009, 10:21:33 PM »
sweet start on that RC... never been a fan of the RC's myself.  They looked too bulky or something for me to realy like them.  This however, might turn out to change my mind.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2009, 10:23:38 PM »
Looks great, IMHO. I agree, regarding the helmet fin. Fantastic job on the removal of that silly thing. You made it look like it never existed.
Nice paint job. Looks very cool.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2009, 10:37:40 PM »
     Okay, now time for the most glorious thing I can post (considering my forum name here), drum roll please, prepare for my custom.... Xizor's Virago! Woo! I basically gave it a silver dry-brush because it always looked way too plastic-y for my tastes. But, since Xizor is the most badass gangster in the galaxy, I figured he wouldn't let it get dirty, so a black grime wash wouldn't really do. I gave it silver, but I think maybe one day I might do a more even mixture of silver and black to give a real dark gunmetal look to it. For now, though, silver. I tried to get as much of the silver out of the panel-lines, because it really doesn't make sense being in there, and I gave it a little in-flight grime around the engines, vector thrusters and guns, because it is still a spaceship! Also, I drilled out the barrels in the guns, because lasers need somewhere to come out of, hah!
     The first shot is when I started to give you a comparison (though I had kinda started on one wing). Hope you all enjoy, let me know if you have any comments or suggestions, I'm fully open to repainting this bad boy again to make it the ship Xizor really would fly. Enjoy!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2009, 10:44:29 PM »
man that is so much better than the original colors.  Much lest plasticy...  Love the drilled out cannons.  MUCH BETTER.  can we get a detail shot of the rear?  I honestly can't remember what it looks like back there!

man this makes me want to dig out all my action fleet ships and give them all the customizing treatment... God knows I'll never be able to get the entire collection and most of them are nowhere near mint condition anymore so I figure making them even more one of a kind would be a good road to go down... 

of course... I'll keep my tie defender as mint as I can keep it ;)

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2009, 10:51:55 PM »
Snap, you're right spudd, I totally forgot the backside pics. Here ya go!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »
nice... the engines need a repaint.  no offense, but the originals don't look awesome enough for the other redone paint!

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2009, 10:54:52 PM »
Excellent job on your namesake. Vast improvement over the original version.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2009, 03:40:48 AM »
Looks coolXV! I like that commando also. All this time that I have been casting RC heads and I have never tried sticking one on this body sculpt.I will have to try that.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »
Thanks, guys! I've been thinking about the paint job, and I've decided it looks almost like it's just made out of some weird mineral rather than painted... At first when I finished, it looked a little messy, so I considered re-doing it by just making a silver and black mixture and painting regularly rather than dry brushing, but then I thought about it, and thought that if I were a super rich bad-ass who has good enough tastes to keep a bonsai tree (yes, it''s in the novel, called a fire-thorn tree), I would totally have a ship made out of some bizarrely rare metal unpainted to show it off. Maybe I'm over-thinking about it, but whatever!

Spudd: you're right about the engines, but I don't know what I could really do with paint better than the sticker on there... My gradients are always a little messy looking, due to the fact that I haven't busted out the old air brush lately (though I totally should!). The only thing I could think as an improvement would be to throw in some LEDs, but it's such a tiny space I'd have a hell of a time getting the electronics in there without breaking the damn thing, and I really have no idea how to do that stuff at all yet, but if you have any other ideas or know how to do LEDs in a small space, let me know! (By the way, holy crap tie defender sweet!)

Ribbit: glad you like it!

Clonehead, glad you like it as well, the "commando" head is just the head that came on the standard clone, all I did was cut off the fin and repaint.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2009, 04:23:54 PM »
Looks good XV. If you want any more of these, I saw my wallyworld was clearancing these out a five bucks at my store last night.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2009, 02:32:55 AM »
Wow, 5 bucks for Viragos... super tempting!

Okay, time for a group of barely-customized figures, haha. As you all hopefully know, there is a comic two-pack of # Ganner Krieg and Antares Draco, two Imperial Knights out there.. Well, I freaking love the design of them, and want more than just the two, so I did a customized head and a couple head swaps to make my own little group. Now I know they're not the canon group, but eh, whatever. Basically, I have one Antares with his original head, and the rest are different. I first customized Ganer's head by repainting his hair and taking off that obnoxious pony tail (which I thought should hang over a shoulder rather than in back), and then replaced my other pack's heads with the Galactic Marine head and Talon Karrde, both of which fit almost as perfectly as the originals.Like I said, not really a difficult custom job. Enjoy!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2009, 03:24:46 AM »
sometimes the simplest customs can be the most effective
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator