Author Topic: Slave I  (Read 4945 times)

Offline Hand So Low

• Ensign
Re: Slave I
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 07:48:23 AM »
I cant miss this!

I hear you. Everyone is griping because the price tag is a little high, but with all the pictures and reviews I have been seeing with the black series lately this vintage throwback seems to be about the best new SW Product out there.

Lets face it folks, we knew they were gonna make us pay for the vintage box and that it would be a bit higher for an online only exclusive and of course you add the word exclusive and the price goes up at least twenty bucks it seems. I am also hoping that the slightly higher price point means some of that deniro is going to the shipping box to ensure these can get to us in good shape. I also look forward to seeing the sale prices these may go for too. And my last point for the morning is all these larger vehicles are gonna go the way of the dodo bird if some of us don't get em at first issue price. I know part of the blame is for some of Hasbro's poor choices, but I don't see how anyone can whine about the larger size Slave I! Lets get a healthy debate going here. Who disagrees with me and vice versa? bbfet

I want. But the price point is about $50 too high, in my opinion. Isn't this a reprint of the CW Slave 1 that was released last year?  And that one is selling for $119 on Amazon. I really want it, but I just can't bring myself to pay for it. Unfortunate.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »
This one, at least, I do want. Any chance of a single carded release for a 5 POA Boba Fett to use with this one? Tee Hee

So help me if they release this and a five poa at at driver for that new Vintage Walker I am probably gonna switch exclusively to higher end items and just get less.

Don't mean to sound dumb, but what does five poa mean?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 05:47:15 AM »
Don't mean to sound dumb, but what does five poa mean?

It means five points of articulation which is the range of motion for the new mission and galaxy series of action figures (basically anything outside of the Black Lines).

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 05:28:06 PM »
Just curious....is this Slave I on a limited run?  I know its exclusive but there have been many other "exclusive" toys that get produced till it cant be sold anymore.  I am hesitant cause of the pricing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 08:22:28 AM »
Just curious....is this Slave I on a limited run?  I know its exclusive but there have been many other "exclusive" toys that get produced till it cant be sold anymore.  I am hesitant cause of the pricing.

Supposedly they only make so many. I doubt it is re-offered when they sell out. Still, if they don't sell them all you can probably count on a sale down the road.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 04:54:59 AM »
Breaking news, Amazon lowered the price of the Slave I to $70 with free shipping. I don't look for these to last long at these prices so click the link or pic below!

Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship Vehicle