Author Topic: 2013 Green Cards  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
2013 Green Cards
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:47:22 AM »
Not sure exactly which line this is, but it's terrible.  I've seen some pieces trickling in here and there, mostly battle packs, medium sized ships, and those so-called 12" figures.  I am absolutely appalled at the drivel that Hasbro is trying to pass off here.  Those 12" figures are so cheap and cheesy, I don't even see toddlers wanting them.  I saw the Jango Fett Slave 1 yesterday, and I don't know how, but they shrunk it.  It's got to be half of the size of the original.  The quality of these battlepacks are even worse.  They look like those cheap Dollar Store action figures with hardly any detail at all.  I can't believe I'm about to actually say this, but I truly feel that the TPM series from 1999 is leaps and bounds better than what's being put out there right now.

However, those are only my thoughts.  For those of you who have seen these in the wild, what are your thoughts? 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: 2013 Green Cards
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »
Yepper, the 5 poa I think is gonna doom the line.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 02:23:24 PM »
It's an insult, if you ask me.  Basically, Hasbro is saying, "You'll buy what we put out and we know it, so we don't care about the end result, only our bottom line."  Whomever is at the top, making these decisions and allowing the quality to go so low, is going to drive the line into the ground, and I honestly don't know if new movies will be enough to save it at this rate.  I see peg warmers along the lines of the Green Lantern figures.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:49:04 AM »
Yeah, I hear you and totally agree. I just can't get over the fact that GG is making 12 inch jumbos in true vintage style with 5 poa's and they are selling out. Uhhh....why doesn't Hasbro follow that same successful practice?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 05:54:28 AM »
I havent seen any new battle packs, Pat. Shoot some pics next time, if you would. I am starting to regret selling so many of my saga line figures if it turns out that they are now superior to something coming out 10+ years later. One thing about it, that will make our older collections increase in value.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:50 AM »
you guys remember on the CAFN podcast "the state of collecting" i said to Paul Harrison that i had heard that the new Star Wars brand manager Jeff L-something or other did not like the Clone Wars and he said "i cant say that your wrong" when Paul tried to tackle him about TCW all he kept saying was "arent you excited about Angry Birds" i am seriously starting to wonder if this guy isnt an undercover Star Trek fan who plans to destabilise and destroy the Star Wars line ...its the only thing that explains this suicidal path Hasbro is on. 5POA god! the figure looked truly dreadful i'm sorry but where are these amazing sculpts ? cos frankly i dont see em (they look like cheap Mexican knockoffs..no i take that back they look bloody worse!).

now the another quote to paul when he pushed about TCW was "this line is not for you its a kids line" i did point out that Hasbro is adamant that there NO collectors in the TCW line ,thats because they NEVER wanted collectors in the kids line otherwise if they acknowledged collectors in the TCW line they would have to up their game i.e. better sculpts more obscure characters etc, so they reduced articulation and characters in the line to drive collectors off and onto TVC ,but..that didnt work so they sabotaged their own line .this is why there is such a huge difference in the lines its because  they want to keep the collectors to the collectors line and kids to the kids lines thats why the kids line looks shite and has only 5 poa and the Black series is SA but i predict that the 5poa line will fail due in part to the fact that Hasbro has completely underestimated how much of a part collectors play in supporting these lines .
the 12" figures are a joke i'm not gonna wate my time on these.
the scales of the new ships is rediculous christ! Boba is taller than his bloody ship!!

oh and i bet we will see repacks and carry forwards in the Black series in 2014 ,unfortunatley Hasbro dont seem to know any other way to operate...
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms