Author Topic: Hasbro to produce a 6" line called Black Series this year  (Read 9333 times)

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
Hasbro to produce a 6" line called Black Series this year
« on: January 29, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Hasbro_Producing_6_Star_Wars_Black_Series_Figure_Line_150021.asp

Follow the link above. Its been on all the main sites so thought I'd spread the good word here. Set to release in August of this year, it'll have Luke, R2, Darth Maul, and an Imperial Sandtrooper. Mainly they're gonna focus on OT character but there will be some "key" PT characters as well. Pricing is set at $19.99 and its aimed at adult collectors

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro to produce a 6" line called Black Series this year
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 04:10:28 PM »
Welcome to the shipyards, Cmdr-Vulkus and thanks for the scoop. Now there is an interesting surprise.
Thanks to usatoday.com for these pics.

Luke is looking pretty good, here. Considering that we have been paying $20 a piece to get the 3 3/4 figures that we can't find on the shelves anyways by way of the internet, dropping a 20 for one of these might not be that bad.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:11:40 PM »
Clint beat me to the punch. Glad I have you guys around to report too. Thanks!

I love the looks of em. Gonna have to have that pilot Luke probably. Not sure though, might just stick to Battle of Hoth Figs. It looks like everything we have wanted in a figure though. Shame they won't do it in three and three quarter size though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:28:53 PM »
I think you beat me to the punch actually, buddy. I was waiting for my photos to upload.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 06:02:10 PM »
If the ones that follow the Luke (X-Wing Pilot) prototype look as good as this one does, I'm in.  I'll be selective, especially at that price point, but these have definitely peaked my interest. 

The question is whether I can afford enough of these---or find hem for that matter---for customs...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline rex smoke

• A Droid's Worst Nightmare
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
Im all for collecting these! the sand trooper sounds so cool.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 06:44:22 PM »
That was my next question. These look good, but are they too pricey for folks to customize? Guess not if folks are customizing things like Sideshow items, etc.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 07:06:59 PM »
I'm leaving these alone....once Hasbro do the last few 3 3/4" figures i'm hoping they do and the few resculpts that need doing that's it.....My SW days are over.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »
It looks super cool but are they quiting 3 3/4 figures :(? That stinks if they do because I have collected 3 3/4 just about all my life.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:19:36 PM by clone10 »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:32 PM »
Hope to pick up a Boba Fett and Luke. I hope this will just be another option for size, kind of like the Marvel Select figures. It would be a shame if they did away with 3 3/4.

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 11:59:15 PM »
No clone10, they are still going to produce 3 3/4 figs as well. These are supposed to be aimed at adult collectors, mainly any of us that grew up collecting/playing with the original Kenner figs from the early days

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 01:27:02 AM »
I'm all for 6 inch figures the customizing and diorama prospects is fantastic.

Ron

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 01:30:50 AM »
i will probably just pick up vader ,imps and droids
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 06:18:02 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this line. The first figure looks great, so that is encouraging. I just don't see why we need another scale for Star Wars figures. I realize they can get better detail at this scale but the Vintage line proved that they can get almost the same detail on a 4 inch figure, if they try. I know they are aiming these at the adult collector but who is going add a room on to their house to store another line of figures? I think they are fishing for options as they cant figure out what is going on with the 4 inch line. I have decided that Hasbro is just clueless as to what customers want and how to get it to them. I wonder if we will even be able to find these things! I wish they would stick to 1 scale and do it right. Figure out a way to get the product to the people that you already have available. Repack those hard to find figures and leave the 50th unarticulated Luke, Han, etc. you shoved down our throat out of the mix. They are all over the place with this and grabbing for staws the way I see it. If I want a really good larger scale figure my money would go to Kotobukia. Those guys are doing things right!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 07:29:17 AM »
I completly agree with you Spry and could not have said it better !! There is no promise that we will be able to pick these figures up for regular price .  Hasbro keeps missing the target finish the 4 inch line aim it at adult collectors with the remaining  figures from the vintage line  as well as  unproduced figures then Hasbro wont have to worry about not making the the 4th quarter and cutting jobs.