Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280003 times)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #1035 on: August 15, 2012, 05:49:17 AM »
Will we get to have the rest of CW delta squad? Will they have more articulation? Will we get a individually packed robotic maul or will he only be in the three pack? Will we get some new death watch mandolorian's since they are coming up in the next season? I'll probably have some more question's but that's it for now!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1036 on: August 17, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »
Our deadline for you to enter your question submission is fast approaching. L.E. will be traveling here in a few days and I aim to get him a good ten or more question list before he leaves. Realistically it doesn't look like the regular q and a sessions are coming back anytime soon so this is your chance to get an answer.

Offline mandohead

• Never mess with a mando
  • Cadet
« Reply #1037 on: August 19, 2012, 05:34:49 AM »
My question is and I mean this in the nicest way possible I'm wondering what happened to the articulation of the clone wars figures?
I kill for a price

Offline darthwalls

• Cadet
« Reply #1038 on: August 19, 2012, 07:05:03 AM »
How about asking if the Build a Droid figs at Disney will be made available elsewhere for those who can't make it to the park.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1039 on: August 19, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »
How about asking if the Build a Droid figs at Disney will be made available elsewhere for those who can't make it to the park.

Those figures are Disney Exclusives so I would assume they would probably try to forward that one to Disney folks. I so agree though. Perhaps we say something, with the popularity if the build a droid figures at Disney do you think there is ever a chance this could be expanded to a brick and mortar store like ToysRUs or an etailer like Hasbro Toy Shop in the future?

They might bite on that one. I do like this one though.

Offline darthwalls

• Cadet
« Reply #1040 on: August 19, 2012, 12:23:06 PM »
Thanks Tamer! I would really like to get a hold of those droids. Another question I thought of, if they do it again and show them at C6, why they are releasing multiples of the same figs in every wave, like for example Obi-Wan in VC, Mh and CW waves at the same time. That has cut down on the variety over the last couple of years and what I believe has been one reason the pegs have been clogged.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1041 on: August 19, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
Good question once again, but one we would never ever get a definitive answer on. I don't know if you saw your facebook page and I did a whats on your pegs album and showed my WM Clearance Section with a ton of Obis and Anakins they couldn't get rid of even at clearance prices and they are still making them. It is something about their "hero list" they keep talking about which is convincing them this is what kids want.

I would like to know how they figure out which figures will be popular with kids and always seem to come up with obi and ani?

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #1042 on: August 19, 2012, 12:59:55 PM »
I'd like to know if they are planning on releasing any TCW clones in the new Vintage style, ala Clone Commander aka Fordo.  This question has been asked before (surely), but it would still be awesome to have a realistic style Rex, Fox, Colt, et al.

Offline lostcauze501st

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1043 on: August 19, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
I'm curious if Hasbro will continue the UPC redemption's for exclusive figures. The last one for the Boba Fett seemed to be popular, and if they will transfer it to the new line starting in 2013.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #1044 on: August 19, 2012, 02:25:06 PM »
Are there any plans to release any more CW figures from seasons 1-4? Specifically: Pong Krell, Amit Noloff, Palpatine, Jaybo Hood, Cad Bane as seen in season 4, Dengar and last but not least Rako Hardeen.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:32:21 PM by Mungo Baobab »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1045 on: August 19, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »
I'd like to know if they are planning on releasing any TCW clones in the new Vintage style, ala Clone Commander aka Fordo.  This question has been asked before (surely), but it would still be awesome to have a realistic style Rex, Fox, Colt, et al.

Rex is already a planned release for I want to say Wave 2 of the new Legacy B.A.D. line so that is a definite yes. Won't hurt to see if they bite and give us another character though.

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
    • CloneTroopr's Customs FaceBook Page
« Reply #1046 on: August 19, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »
Are there plans to make anymore figures from "The Old Republic" video game?

Customs Thread: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7528.0
FaceBook Page: CloneTroopr's Customs

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #1047 on: August 20, 2012, 07:10:02 AM »
Do you plan on releasing any characters from the Republic Commando game and novels, like Kal Skirata, Trandoshan slavers,, Walon Vau, Null ARC troopers? And an updated Omega Squad?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 03:21:15 PM by JLaban4 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1048 on: August 24, 2012, 05:52:47 PM »
Well, I just got off the phone with Spry and I can't wait to share some of the answers that Hasbro gave about our customizing questions. Lets just say that Spry did us all proud today. We are both wishing we had the whole thing on video, but he took good notes!

One of the biggest items of note to come out is that Hasbro has retooled some of the 3 and 3/4 vehicles to be slightly smaller and stick to that twenty dollar price point. Spry said he got this hands on some of them so we will have to wait and see what we think.

He also got word that there would indeed be a Slave I Offering and that, while it cannot be confirmed, was probably going to be in an TESB Paint Scheme. Oh, no new TCW news other thatn at least twenty new figures are planned, but it looks like they are holding onto that info. for NYCC in October.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1049 on: August 28, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »
I had the honor to interview the guys on the hasbro panel and man was it a cool moment. Derryl DePriest(VP of Global Brand Marketing), Mark Bodreaux(Sr. Principal Production Design) and Brian Merten(Sr. Manager Production Design)

I saw 2 interviews before my time was called and they seemed so cold, like a robot asking questions. I didn't want my time to go anything like that. I wanted to have a discussion with these guys as I felt I would get better responses and we would all enjoy it a bit more. I was introduced to each of them then I said, Hello, it is an honor to meet each of you and thanks for your time giving us this interview. Then I told them a bit about ISY and how our community grows every day and that we really support customizers and what a big part of our community it has become. They seemed to think that was pretty cool and they do watch customizers and are very aware of what we produce and how popular the art form is becoming. They also say how talented many of us are and that they simply can not produce the quality we do. They are making toys and we are making works of art.

Question- We at ISY have been wondering why you are naming the new figure line the Legacy Collection again?

Reaction- They look at each other with a puzzled look then smile and say " We anted to stick with a name that would exemplify the epicness of the line. Honestly I don't think any of us thought about the fact that it was the second time using that name. I guess it should be called The Legacy Collection 2 like we did POTF 2. Good question."

Question- We keep hearing rumors about a new TESB Slave One. Can you confirm or deny this for us?

Reaction- Big smiles from all 3 guys. " We will not confirm or deny this at this time. We can tell you there is a Slave One on the way, but will it be blue or grey, hmmmmmm?"

Question- After seeing no new TCW announcements outside the Talzin battle pack and a few repacks of hard to find figures, what can we expect to see for the fans of TCW?

Answer- You can expect 20 plus new figures this coming year. We are excited about our Mini Rig style line and we have some new product on display here of that. The companion vehicle for the MTT, 501st repaint of the drop ship and the Scuba Clone pack that no one could find.

Then I went straight into another CW question that was later on the list to continue the conversation.

You guys gave us a TCW Boss figure, It seems such a missed opportunity to me not to sculpt these guys backpacks, give them the proper extra bits and repaint that awesome body and head sculpt to give us TCW Omega Squad.

Reaction- Derryl Depriest starts nodding yes before I can get all the words out of my mouth. "We know how popular the RC's are, and people love to army build, heck I love to army build! New characters like these come up all the time and some time for various reasons they don't get made the first time. They keep coming back around and we hope to get these guys produced one day."

Then I ask, are you thinking battle pack or single carded figures?

Derryl says - if we can get them out it would most likely be a single card.

Sticking to TCW I ask, We have seen a lot of reduced articulation with the latest offerings of TCW figures. How is it more cost effective to sculpt a figure with less articulation rather than using existing tooling that features a more desirable figure? and guys, I shop thrift stores for custom fodder 2-3 times a week for years and can tell you the figures with less articulation are the ones that show up there and figures with articulated feet are never there.

Answer- Expect to see a little of both. Figures aimed at kids will have less articulation and figures for collectors and guys like you that customize will have more articulation. We have to save some money on cost for some figures and that allows us to put more into others. It will be that way for TCW and the Legacy Collection...2. Reaction- we all laugh.
He avoided the tooling question so I mentioned it again. Derryl says that is a tough question and all I can say is sometimes it happens that a re-sculpt is called for and we do it.

Question- With the success of all the redemption offers you have given us can we expect a new figure in this format?

Answer- not at this time. Next question, lets rapid fire as many as we can.

Next I say, guys, I have to be honest, I am heartbroken over this TVC hiatus. I love the cards and figures, I loved seeing what ones i did on the pegs in stores. I am not going to beat on you any more today on the "D" word. I know you said you are aware, sorry about the problems and working to fix them. Then I complimented the lead sculptor on the brilliant work and ask, with this return to Legacy are we going to see another round of repacks like we already have clogging the shelves or are we getting some new figures?

Derryl puts his hand on his chin in thought and says, the vintage product is not dead. Just the single carded figures will be going away for a while. Honestly TVC was supposed to end about a year and a half back. The success of the line is what has made it last this long. They sold great and we take that as fans demanding more. If there are things you want to see continued you as a fan should support it by buying it. We will be doing vintage packaging on vehicles and store exclusives any time the opportunity presents itself. As far as what you can expect for Legacy, Luke Skywalker is our best selling figure of all time, we will continue repacking the lead hero characters as well as the villains that compliment them. New collectors need access to there favorite characters. We will also be adding in new figures as they are approved for production.

Question- I LOVE the Kmart 2 pack packaging format and the AT-ST with vintage art!

Reaction- they all cheer raising there arms then all 3 shake my hand and say thanks.

I say, so with the anniversary of ROTJ coming up can we please get Skiff Guard 2 packs then the Skiff retooled to a proper scale to hold everyone?

Answer, again Derryl is nodding yes saying that is a great idea, we should look at that, very nice idea.

So I break out the 2 custom figures in my pocket and say, Can you please give us Sgt. Doallyn? He is and Daryll and I say at the same time, the first guard you see on the second skiff, then laugh. He shows my figure to all the hasbro guys then makes my day by saying. Look at this guys, this is perfect, this is Doallyn, we have to do him. As a matter of fact how about I keep this as the example to go by, as he sticks my figure in his pocket! He hands it back as we all laugh and he says seriously that is great. I am also handing the lead sculptor my Weequay Marksman saying he is on the Sail Barge. Derryl so uh oh here comes the Sail Barge question. I said no, I realize that is way to big for you to do. If someone wants that they can commission saveral people to make it to scale. Derryl says yea, we have looked at it and it would cost 1000 or more to get close to a decent size. I invite everyone over to the diorama workshop booth to see our Sandcrawler, Sail Barge, Sarlac pit and my Jabbas Palace with all the custom figures if they wanted to see more.

Then I get the tap on the elbow that means I have 2 minutes. I begin to thank them all as I get the ISY shirt out and give it to Derryl. He loved it and I know you have seen the pic of them with it on the front page. I go on to say, now if you guys need any help with production ideas I am always available and I am glad they liked some of the ideas we covered as I have many more. We all laugh and I say, but seriously, and we shook hands and it was a great time for me.

Brian then hands me each one of the new vehicles and wants to know what I think of them. I tell him they are not for me but I can see what they are going for. Not every parent or kid can drop $40-$60 on a vehicle and this line is for them. I just hope the market is not flooded and shelf space is available for the more realisticly sized vehicles that are coming out. I also pointed out no collector that has the older, bigger vehicles will by these and he partialy agreed.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:06:59 PM by Tamer »