Author Topic: Spooks stuff  (Read 3599 times)

Spookymufu

Spooks stuff
« on: November 16, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »
As well as SW collecting, I also like to play with 3D modeling, I'm not very good but I enjoy it most of the time.

I play a "sim" called Virtual sailor, I build submarines for the sim along with another sim that is being developed.

Anyway, here is the latest one I am working on, an Ohio Class SSBN

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:33:55 AM by Spookymufu UnitedStatesRepublican »

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
Re: Spooks stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »
I can't see the pictures spooky
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 07:47:37 PM »
As well as SW collecting, I also like to play with 3D modeling, I'm not very good but I enjoy it most of the time.

I play a "sim" called Virtual sailor, I build submarines for the sim along with another sim that is being developed.

Anyway, here is the latest one I am working on, an Ohio Class SSBN

You linked to the forum page instead of to the image themselves.  It's not displaying and when I plug the address into my browser it tries to get me to sign up.  Right click on the image you're trying to link to, copy the image address itself, and past that in the img tag instead of the URL of the page.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Spookymufu

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
You linked to the forum page instead of to the image themselves.  It's not displaying and when I plug the address into my browser it tries to get me to sign up.  Right click on the image you're trying to link to, copy the image address itself, and past that in the img tag instead of the URL of the page.

i did that but apparently when I linked them on the original page it "uploaded" the image to their own server instead of hot linking them......try seeing them now, I put them up on imageshack..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:33:50 PM by Spookymufu UnitedStatesRepublican »

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
Fixed now!  Very nicely done.

Spookymufu

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »
thanks!

I was going to post others I have made but with 33 views and two comments I guess there isnt any interest....oh well....

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 08:07:55 AM »
Oh yea, that is pretty cool Spooky! I wish I knew how to do 3-d modeling!

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 02:20:55 PM »
I see you're using Imageshack; there is indeed a way to get a thumbnail for the forum.  When you upload the image, you'll see on the screen after it's uploaded several links.  Two are labeled "forum thumbnail" and "alt forum thumbnail," respectively.  Simply copy the forum thumbnail code.  If you want the thumbnail to link directly to the file itself, replace the URL with the direct link.

Spookymufu

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 03:08:29 PM »
I see you're using Imageshack; there is indeed a way to get a thumbnail for the forum.  When you upload the image, you'll see on the screen after it's uploaded several links.  Two are labeled "forum thumbnail" and "alt forum thumbnail," respectively.  Simply copy the forum thumbnail code.  If you want the thumbnail to link directly to the file itself, replace the URL with the direct link.

it would be better if ISY remove the restrictions, you cant get a decent pic with that small of a image, 1024x1024 would be an acceptable image size restriction these days, I mean, who's on dial up any more?

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »
...the thumbnail clicks through to the full-sized image.  When you go to upload, make sure that "do not resize" is selected.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 10:43:57 AM »
who's on dial up any more?

Tamer.  :D  The 'Yards' owner.

Great work!  I don;t even know where to start on stuff like that, honestly.  I guess if I did, I'd up there with you and Jules and the rest.  :D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:47:43 AM by DocOutlands »

Spookymufu

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 12:30:23 PM »
thanks Doc!

Tamer on dial up, that explains a lot....

heres some more work done on the bridge
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:34:20 AM by Spookymufu UnitedStatesRepublican »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »
Amazing work mate.

Ron

Spookymufu

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »
Wow, that is a pretty daggone awesome virtual sub video. On the front page.

On a picture related note, we do not allow any image shack images due to proven viruses and spyware that shows up from time to time in their picture links. We actually had a staff persons' computer trashed which was traced back to imageshack.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?board=12.0

I will give you some time to get those links and pics switched out.

As for image size restrictions I am sorry our size limit is not to your liking, we have increased it a bit since our inception and yes I do get my satellite internet downgraded to dial up on occasion as I do try to upload as many member customs and get em to the front page as possible and sometimes I exceed my upload and download allotment. Its all for you guys though so I keep exploring high speed options while I fight with my satellite isp.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:57:51 PM by Tamer »