Imperial Archive > Power of the Force

Anyone still collect these

<< < (2/3) > >>

DeathStarDroid:
Look at this: ha ha ha ha ha...

Boba Fett POTF2, No circle left hand, rare variant. MOC

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boba-Fett-POTF2-No-circle-left-hand-rare-variant-MOC_W0QQitemZ300375308234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45efc377ca

Reconsgt:
Time to sell a fwe of mine, I may be able to get that new Hot Rod I want  ::)    $250 for that,   true it is not the common half vs full circle but 250 is nuts.

Darth Revenge:
POTF2 figures are the cheaper way to crowd dioramas. So I still buy them ;)
Some of them are "exclusives" : B'Omarr Monks, EV-9D9, Kabe & Muftak...

flaccideagle:

--- Quote from: Darth Revenge on August 27, 2011, 12:37:00 PM ---POTF2 figures are the cheaper way to crowd dioramas. So I still buy them ;)
Some of them are "exclusives" : B'Omarr Monks, EV-9D9, Kabe & Muftak...

--- End quote ---

I still love these figures, and you're so right.  You can get great crowds together with some POTF2 backgrounders.

A lot of these aliens are great still.  The Clone Wars Muftak-type alien is also an excellent replacement for the POTF2 mold.  While I haven't painted mine, a little paint and this guy looks great with the rest of the realistic line.

I wish the POTF2 Fleet Trooper was more like the Hoth & Rebel figures from that era, not as He-Man and more realistic...

(SID):
This line was one I had ZERO interest in collecting... I was in introduced to SW threw my cousins toy collection. Anything before then was just a fluke that did not register until much later (discovering that I had  2  BOBA FETT figures amongst my GI-JOES for instance). When I got the SW bite I was only collecting Vintage Kenner. Did care at all about the new line. I was all about waiting and forking over what little cash I could for the best and most complete figures I could find at hobby shops, antique stores, flea markets etc. No easy task for child of under 10yr in the old CBS/FOX  VHS DAYS.
Eventually I only started to buy/collect the POTF2 figures as a supplement to my Vintage toys... After all they made stuff that Kenner never made or was just plain cheaper to by the "reproduction".

Sure the line had its problems with many odd gimmicks (muscle figures, rip cord toys, etc.) but as time went on I switched on to it because it got better and better. Making all kinds of characters that had never been attempted (Tarkin, slave Leia, Vader w/ removable helmet, etc.) or an amazing A-wing w/ pilot for only $20(!). These days all the luster these toys created mean nothing but they have a place in my childhood. I look back the last decade and man was it good back then.

I still collect these toys gladly now. They are so incredibly cheap to purchase that its a no brainier to horde then for custom parts and bases. I love this line for what it was and still offers (ISHI TIB / yak face for random instance). Hasbro really lost what Kenner had done... And still dropping that ball if you ask me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version