Author Topic: Aves Studio  (Read 12878 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Aves Studio
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 07:18:08 AM »
oh man I may have to sample that. i am going to try to make a video this weekend since due to our car issues we are not going out of town for our anniversary... :(

Crap. I hate to hear money has to go to things like this instead of fun like your anniversary trip. Ah well, if it makes you feel any better we are pretty much giving up on some of our vacay stuff too to do some house renovations this summer.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 04:27:28 PM »
I can't even imagine what some of the folks could do here with this product:

Aves® Paper Mache™

Uses include classroom projects, design and art prototypes, casting, molds and reproduction items, model construction, theatrical props, model railroad scenery, substructures, pinatas, and more. Fun to use on all conventional & hand lay-up applications.

I would think the diorama folks could work some miracles with this.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:29:03 PM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »
I thought clean up might be in order this week:

Safety Solvent

A Safer Solvent!

Aves® Safety Solvent is recommended for tooling, smoothing/seamlessly feathering, texturing, & quickly cleaning Aves® Apoxie® & FIXIT® products, and other epoxies, from tools, brushes and surfaces before set-up. Water clean-up! D.O.T. certified non-hazardous for international and domestic shipping. This is a safe alternative for acetone and other commonly used toxic solvents. It is the least flammable, most effective safety solvent on the market.

I bet Spry could work some painting wonders with this too.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »
I have been wondering about this stuff! I think some comes in the contest prize pack I just picked out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 01:30:18 PM »
Do let us know what you think Ron. By the way I sent our Aves Rep. your contact info and I have no doubt you will get this quickly knowing her.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
Have you folks seen the:

Aves Catalog

I just ran a story on the front page, but you can find some great prices in their Super Sale Section!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »
I think the diorama folks would love this product:

Aves® ClayShay™

Clayshay™ is innovative, safe and non-hazardous with no asbestos and 0% shrinkage. Mix thick to feel like clay or mix thin to feel like maché. This product has a double set to lock in details and eliminate shrinkage. It has a light brown body, is lightweight, strong & very versatile for universal applications as a clay or a maché. It can be carved, filed, sanded, painted, or otherwise finished after set-up.

Looks like it would work wonders to give any diorama buildings a clay or brick or sandy type appearance.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »
Very cool. I would love to hear an Aves represenative be interviewed on CAFN about all the products they offer and how to use each one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 04:44:21 PM »
Very cool. I would love to hear an Aves represenative be interviewed on CAFN about all the products they offer and how to use each one.

Hmmm...might be able to make that happen. Never hurts to ask anyhow.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »
I have my safety solvent video shot Shawn but editing it on my pathetic excuse for a computer is becoming less and less fun( Come on Santa!!). I hope to do it one night this week and get it uploaded for you. Come on Santa!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »
Need an industrial quality adhesive?

FIXIT® Paste

FIXIT® Paste is a 2-part paste used to permanently repair, bond, cast & seal most anything. Self-leveling batter-like consistency is stir-able,  can be spread thick or thin for durable surface coat. Tint with pigments to create or match desired color. Safe alternative to fiberglass & other casting resins, works great with flexible molds. Cures to a rock hard, semi-gloss finish that can be sanded, drilled, machined or painted. Outdoor & marine applications; stands up to UV rays; is impervious to water, fuels & chemicals. Patch holes & cracks, seal leaks (non-conductive, safe to use with potable water). Working time of 1-3 hrs. Full cure 24 hrs. FIXIT® Paste is non-hazardous, waterproof, with 0% shrinkage. Adheres to metals, wood, most plastics, PVC, fiberglass, stone, ceramic & more. Tackle your toughest repair jobs!

This sounds like a no-brainer to use for adherence and taking care of some of those mold issues.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 09:01:59 AM »
Need something to cover your foam products? Try this:

Apoxie® Paste

As most of us are aware just about anything, especially any aerosol type paint, just eats the heck out of styro-foam, foamcore, or similar products. Using a coat of this can solve that problem. Here are the technical details:

"Apoxie® Paste is an innovative adhesive medium used to permanently fill, bond, seal, customize & fabricate most materials. This all-purpose 2-part paste is safe & easy to use. Batter-like consistency is stir-able, yet thick enough that it tends to stay put; spread thick or thin with a tool or craft stick. When applied thin it is slightly translucent. Tint with pigments to match or create a desired color. Smoothes with water to a semi-gloss finish. Working time 1-3 hours; 24 hour full cure; sand & paint if desired. It is waterproof, with 0%  shrinkage, & gripping flexibility. Adheres to many plastics, resin, polymers, glass, metals, wood, stone, foam, & more. Simple water clean-up or use Aves® Safety Solvent. Great for arts & crafts, jewelry, stone setting, taxidermy applications & casting with flexible molds. Apply to foam or other materials for a hard surface coat, add texture to both porous & non-porous surfaces."

I like the idea of tinting it so you can get the color you want and heck you may not even have to paint. I would love to see some images of folks using this. I keep thinking of Michael Fright and his large walker projects that were ruined as the foam was eaten by the paint. This sure would have solved that!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 06:36:29 AM »

Lucasclones shows some of the uses of Aves Safety Solvent.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 08:58:58 AM »
I have been showing some invidual Aves Studio Products over the last few months, but figured it might be time to show you their entire line up:

Aves Studio Products Link

That page will get you links to everything they carry. Make sure you are continueing to watch the Imperial Shipyards Youtube Channel for more Aves Studio Product Videos from our very own Lucasclones too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »
I am still in awe of Wreckage's great step by step diorama tutorial you can find here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=8364.0;topicseen

That he started after watching Lucasclones' Apoxie Paste Tutorial Video you can find here:

feature=share&list=UUaoabYleKXgsddZ_hcSvMgA

Then, you can just go to Aves Studio and pick up some Apoxie Paste for yourself here:

http://www.avesstudio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=26&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Trust me, those are three hyperlinks worth checking out.