Imperial Creative Engineering > 3D Printing

Figures we'd never get from Hasbro

(1/1)

Darth More:
Could this be the way we get all characters we want, but Hasbro would never make for various reasons?
(like the Tonnika sisters)

Making of Stormtrooper 3D printed action figure (assembling the 3D printed parts) by Adel Elbadrawy

Starchaser:
That's an impressive build! I'm sure that there will be an increasing number of hobbyists figuring out how to do things like this and publishing the 3D files. It is possible that we - with enough patience - will be able to fill in other characters from 3D prints   like this if we don't have the time or talent to fabricate our own. We'll have to wait and see though. Personally, I'm a little tired of waiting for the Tonnika sisters, there's really no excuse for not getting both of them out. I'd be happy to purchase from a hobbyist if the sculpts were accurate enough and with more than 5POA - and the price wasn't too crazy - I don't want to spend three or four times as much on a figure just to fill in a gap.

Darth More:
You make good points here that I absolutely agree with! For dioramas I'd be perfectly fine with printed figurines without articulation as well. I could see a pack of files with Stormtroopers for example in different poses to be printed in 1/18 scale. But we're already at a point where we can print articulated objects right off the printer, which is quite impressive to me.
Either way I'm looking forward to the future of this hobby. And keep my fingers crossed that all the law and license stuff won't sue the private user. Other than that there are endless possibilities for this wonderful hobby.

Tamer:
I don't think there is anyway they could sue all the people who would do this. I mean  how many printers are out there already? Thousands. As the cost of figures go up and the cost of 3D Printing goes down and the technology gets easier folks are just gonna do this.

Thanks for sharing this Philipp, off to the front pages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version