Imperial Creative Engineering > 3D Printing

Vehicle Parts: TCW Corporate Alliance Tank Droid Visor Resin printed

(1/1)

Darth More:
Today I found this offer by a customizer here on the German ebay site. He offers a pair of those visors of the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid from 2009. I've been planning on making them exactly the same way. In fact I find his parts even better than Hasbro's. He offers them for 10€ each or a pair for 15€.
They're resin printed in grey resin and come unpainted.

I'm missing two of those on the right side of my used NR-N99 tanks. This is the perfect occasion to start working on my next custom tank project!

Let me know if you're interested and I can share the link to contact him. He's located in Germany.

Man, I cannot wait to see where we are with the hobby 10 years from now!

Tamer:
Those look like some nice prints. I am sure folks would like the contact info.

Darth More:
It took a few weeks longer because there were some issues with the print. I was the first dude to buy these resin parts from him and he sent me some wip pics. If I understood it correctly, there were some issues with the connection of the visors. So he adjusted the measurements.

And here's the finished product:

I must say I like these more than Hasbro's original parts. The level of detail on these here is higher and I cannot wait to repaint the next completed NR-N99 Tank Droid:

He even sent me an extra part, which hasn't cured completely, to use as test sample for sanding and painting. I'm impressed that printed resin can also be softer and doesn't break so easily. I cannot wait to start printing myself!

If you're interested in those parts, let me know for contact information.

Tamer:
They look nice to me. Off to share on the front pages.

Starchaser:
Those look good. And yes, it's amazing what can be accomplished with resin printer, some patience and the willingness to experiment!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version