Author Topic: Premier Guild 2013  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Premier Guild 2013
« on: February 27, 2013, 04:00:11 AM »
I got this email in yesterday evening:

So is that enough to get you to join? Lets hear your thoughts. I know one thing If they had given us the classic hands on his hips pose for the AT-AT Pose for TESB I would be all over that Holo Vader. I already have the first version Jumbo Fett and am really on the fence about getting anymore of these. Still, it might be cool to have an actual rocket firing one. And they are releasing a ton of other awesome TESB Jumbo 12 inch Figures this year.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Premier Guild 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:01:48 AM »
OK, buddy, how much for the PG membership?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:20:11 AM »
OK, buddy, how much for the PG membership?

I want to say $80 dollars.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 09:47:52 PM »
I have to say, I'm not real impressed with this year's offerings.  The Boba is another repaint, the Vader is another use of the same mold, and the Mace is just the original with arms added, looks like the arms of Shaak Ti just added to the mold.  Repaints and reuse of existing molds don't warrant $80 to me.  I will say there were more than a couple from last year that I wanted, but just couldn't swing it.  I really wanted that Voldemort! 

All that being said, I am liking the Marvel busts coming out, and those Jumbo Kenner figures are just plain cool.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 05:43:19 AM »
Pat,

What film version did they use for when it was rolled around before (vader mini-bust)?

And from what I hear we are gonna get four different Jumbo Fetts. Not sure I am biting on em though. I can still remember you getting in that line to get those two for me.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »
I think it was ROTS for that Vader, but they used that one for the standard, the helmetless version, burnt Anakin version, and now this one, I believe.  Same mold, slightly different in some ways, but not enough to want to drop $80 when I bought my original one for $40.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 09:14:45 AM »
Yeah, I hear you. Thought it was ROTS. About the only thing that could change my mind on that one is if they perhaps included the hands on the hips arms. That would probably be a PG Exclusive though. Where do you see a holographic Vader other than that iconic pose where he is asking Veers for a status update?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:42:58 AM »
I agree with you.  I'm trying to think, but I think that was the only time Vader was shown as a hologram.  It's like a few years back when they started releasing dozens of figures as holograms, just to do it.  Of all the offerings for this year, the Mace Windu is the only one I'd be interested in, but again, it's not that big of a change from the original, except he has arms now.  Which I swear are the arms from another bust, I just can't place it.  Might actually be the Plo Koon with different hands.  Either way, it looks like GG sure half-assed it this year.  Though I must admit, that War Machine does look darn nice.  He's not my favorite character, so I'm not that interested in him but he does look nice.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »
With the number of Jumbos I am gonna want this year I think I am gonna do it just to get the PGM versions and 10 percent off.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »
That I don't blame you for.  I saw a lot of TESB pieces, and I knew instantly they MUST be yours, so that makes sense.  4 different Fetts?  I guess if you're making good money and it doesn't bother you, but I just don't see it.  Gentle Giant lost money back during ROTS because of all of the Clone repaints that stopped selling, you'd think they'd have learned.  But then again, I'm just one man, so what does my opinion matter in the grand scheme of things?

Truth be told, I do wish I was making better money these days, or at least had less expenses, because I missed out on at least 8 mini-busts last year due to lack of funds that I'd like to track down at conventions.  Funny enough, most were Marvel busts.

And Tamer, I again offer my apologies to your lovely wife for getting you hooked on GG and SSC stuff.  How she must loathe me! LOL!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 03:50:37 AM »
Yeah, I must say my collecting budget was a little larger before you started me down that dark path.

Now I am into GG, Sideshow, Kotobukiya, and even one to one stuff now. See what you started!