Author Topic: McQuarrie Stormtrooper DLX Mini-Bust  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
McQuarrie Stormtrooper DLX Mini-Bust
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:05:30 AM »
Looks like another SDCC 2012 Exclusive is up for pre-order from Premier Guild Members:

"McQuarrie Stormtrooper Deluxe Mini Bust is a limited edition of 1,800 pieces. This deluxe mini bust comes with 2 heads, 2 right arms and 2 left hands to provide a variety of different configurations for the collector."

I will try to put up a pic or two up once we see the different configurations. I have the Boba Fett McQuarrie Version, but passed on Vader. Not sure if I will get this or not. I am assuming this is at the $80 Price Point.

Spookymufu

Re: McQuarrie Stormtrooper DLX Mini-Bust
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
I don't get the attraction of the concept "figures"........except Boba of course

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:37:33 AM »
I don't get the attraction of the concept "figures"........except Boba of course

I have always been fascinated with the original design which was created by Ralph McQuarrie and then what we actually got when it came to their appearances in the movies. I would have loved to have seen what he thought an AT-AT Driver should have looked like.

I guess I need to correct myself too as I did buy the McQuarrie Snowtrooper. I don't know I might bite on the Trooper Versions just to say I have them.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 06:09:45 AM »
I like McQuarrie concepts a lot. But I don't collect busts, I always prefer a statue or a figure instead. I will pass on this bust for now, but maybe in the future I might get one if price is good. Hope they will make a statue one day.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 08:12:16 AM »
This is one that makes me really want to renew my PGM membership.  Summer is such a bear on my poor wallet, and anymore, it's getting harder and harder to justify some of these things.  But I do think this is a brilliant piece, done well.