Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53841 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2009, 05:52:22 PM »
I usually try to wait until the summer when it is so hot it is unbearable to be outside during the middle of the day. This should take are of most of the heavy work while it is still kinda cool.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2009, 04:29:04 PM »
Well I got my first set of back injections today. I am not sure I am sold though. I think my back is burning now more than it was before I went in. They said to give it three to five days. The shots weren't the most comfortable things in the world. I sure hope it works though. Fingers crossed. I go see a new stomach doc on Thursday. At least I think this one will do prior authorization paperwork if it is needed. I have never seen so many doctors ever!

I have leveled the gravel, got most of the mulch spread (still have a big weedy flowerbed to tackle), and did most of the yard cleanup prior to the mowing season. At this point I am going to try and order my building in the next few days or no later than the weekend. Can't wait to post some pics once I get it here. I have been working on this one for awhile.

Then I just have to dig out a culvert, get to that flowerbed, and relax this summer. I want to build a trash bin down at the bottom of my road so I can sleep in on trash days and not have to worry about neighborhood dogs and racoons getting into it. Speaking of dogs, I am noticing a new one whose favorite passtime is to dig all the new mulch out of my flowerbeds/garden area. I might have to see if I can find the owner if it continues.  I also found my feeder about half knocked over yesterday which makes me wonder if there is a bear loose too. That might be fun this bow season. Speaking of hunting, turkey season is here and I am not a bit ready. Guess I will have to rely on the slate for the first part of the season.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2009, 08:24:58 AM »
Well it has been another week of stomach tests. I had an ultrasound the other day and they just called to say it didn't turn up anything on the ole gal bladder so I go for another scope next week. Fun. Fun. My back is still about the same, maybe a bit better and the doc wants me to do more injections. I don't know if I am sold on em though. It stinks getting old thats for sure!

I finally got rid of my old buildng in a rain storm yesterday evening and am eagerly waiting for the new one to arrive. I spread the last of the mulch I had and unfortunately I need to go get more. I vowed though to have the mulching done before summer break and I mean to do it.

This weekend is gonna be spent going to a picnic at my brothers who is introducing his new family addition (an no its not a baby). More news to follow on that one Yarders! Then Sunday, we are taking the little gal to see her very first circus. I hope it is nice and she doesn't get too scared. I will try to find time to snap some pics and post em. It has been awhile since my ugly mug was posted. Course that might be a good thing.

Oh, before I forget, my little gal got to play with her first atat last night. I took one home to get packaged up via a hairbrained idea Clint and I have and she loved it. I am gonna have to get her one too. Wait till you see the pics of it! I will try to post a few of those too. She filled up the inside with all of her little people. She was petting it like a dog! She thought the guns were antlers too! Absolutely priceless.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
Well it has been another week of stomach tests. I had an ultrasound the other day and they just called to say it didn't turn up anything on the ole gal bladder so I go for another scope next week. Fun. Fun. My back is still about the same, maybe a bit better and the doc wants me to do more injections. I don't know if I am sold on em though. It stinks getting old thats for sure!

I finally got rid of my old buildng in a rain storm yesterday evening and am eagerly waiting for the new one to arrive. I spread the last of the mulch I had and unfortunately I need to go get more. I vowed though to have the mulching done before summer break and I mean to do it.

This weekend is gonna be spent going to a picnic at my brothers who is introducing his new family addition (an no its not a baby). More news to follow on that one Yarders! Then Sunday, we are taking the little gal to see her very first circus. I hope it is nice and she doesn't get too scared. I will try to find time to snap some pics and post em. It has been awhile since my ugly mug was posted. Course that might be a good thing.

Oh, before I forget, my little gal got to play with her first atat last night. I took one home to get packaged up via a hairbrained idea Clint and I have and she loved it. I am gonna have to get her one too. Wait till you see the pics of it! I will try to post a few of those too. She filled up the inside with all of her little people. She was petting it like a dog! She thought the guns were antlers too! Absolutely priceless.
That's a great story about your daughter and the walker! How many little people will fit in that thing, Shawn?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »

That's a great story about your daughter and the walker! How many little people will fit in that thing, Shawn?

All of her polly pockets girls and animals. She gets ticked that it won't walk though.  I told her she would have to ask you about that sometime. Her reply was, "Clinthead can fix this?" I told her maybe after I stopped laughing!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2009, 02:39:53 PM »
LOL!! That's the hardest i've laughed all week!  She is certainly something. That is too cute.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2009, 06:22:46 PM »
I don't have much time, but I wanted to post some pics of my little gal's walker session I talked about yesterday. Today was a busy day and tomorrow looks to be the same. I can't wait to share the pics I took today.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2009, 07:43:31 PM »
Too  cute, buddy. Man, she is growing!!
  That t-handle for the neck control is going to have to go for our project.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
Way too cute Shawn!  She definitely is growing up!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2009, 04:38:32 AM »
Too  cute, buddy. Man, she is growing!!
  That t-handle for the neck control is going to have to go for our project.

I figured it might Clint. Think there is any way to save the electronics in it so the chin guns still fire? Maybe hook them up inside the cockpit or further up into the neck? If it can't be done, so be it, its just hard to find a vintage one with working cannons and light.

And yes guys, my little gal ain't so little anymore as you can see by her hieght compared to that "dog walker". That is what she is calling it now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2009, 05:40:05 AM »
Is the control on that t-handle. It's been so long, I can't remember. If so, I'm sure that it could be relocated.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2009, 04:23:47 PM »
Is the control on that t-handle. It's been so long, I can't remember. If so, I'm sure that it could be relocated.

Yepper the firing button that moves the guns back and forth is right on the back end of that T handle.  I wouldn't really care much if it didn't work sweet. I took the batteries out to send it, but it works pretty good with the light.  I have a few now and its the only one that really works good. I sent you my best for this project!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2009, 05:49:39 PM »

Yepper the firing button that moves the guns back and forth is right on the back end of that T handle.  I wouldn't really care much if it didn't work sweet. I took the batteries out to send it, but it works pretty good with the light.  I have a few now and its the only one that really works good. I sent you my best for this project!
Now that's saying alot, buddy. I'm sure you are not including the 3 or 4 mint in box walkers that you have stacked up around there.  I just gotta ask, How many walkers do you have, Tamer?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2009, 08:45:40 AM »

Now that's saying alot, buddy. I'm sure you are not including the 3 or 4 mint in box walkers that you have stacked up around there.  I just gotta ask, How many walkers do you have, Tamer?

a couple! >:D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2009, 08:56:44 AM »

a couple! >:D
More like a couple dozen I'll warrant.