Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53816 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2009, 09:42:34 AM »
Well it has been busy as usual. I know I am long overdue for an update. I am having a heck of a time.

First, I got diagnosed this week via MRI with disk degenerative disease. I haven't met with the doc to see what the cure involves, but I hope it involves some good pills. My back has been on fire since June! At least the doc has an excellent reputation as both a pain management guy and a neurologist. So maybe he can fix my head too!

Second, I went home last night to a slighly askew outbuilding due to the high wind. I spent all yesterday evening putting the daggone thing back together and it was well after dark. I woke up this morning to see only one sid partially standing. I have never seen wind like we have had the past couple days. I am hoping  my  home owners covers at least some of it. Now I have to break down and finally get a good one. There goes my money for SW for a bit.

Third, I found out that we now have a new "defined" retirement plan. That part is good as now we are out of the stinking stock market so I know I will at least have a retirement when I meet the requirements to draw it. The only drawback is now, since it is a one point percent increase in premiums I now have to buy back into the daggone thing. Luckily for me I had another retirement system they are gonna allow me to just transfer some funds for it. The bad news is the wife doesnt so we are gonna have to cash out my retirement, whats left of it, pay horrendous taxes on it, and then will still probably owe a few thousand so she can retire the same time I do.

When it rains it pours no?

On the bright side, my little girl is still rasing cain and I am slowly but surely getting finished wth the office cabinets downstairs. I might not be able to buy anything for it anytime soon, but it is progressing. I also got back my deadlined desktop and that turned out to be just a power supply and not a motherboard so that was good.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »
Shawn, I don't think that any amount of therapy can cure you of your ATAT fettish. Were you to freely give me all of your walkers and driver's might be a step in the right direction, though. :-X

I am sorry to hear about your back there, guy. That kind of stinks. You know that if you came to work with me, we could work your kinks out for you.

Too bad about the outbuilding, you know that reinforced concrete will be the way to go, next time.

Good deal about the better sounding retirement. I just found out that health ins is now included with mine. Assuming that I make it to retirement, that is.

When you get done with the cabinets then it is dio time, right??

I'm just giving you a hard time buddy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2009, 06:03:10 AM »
Man any retirement with health insurance is awesome! I am watching my inlaws spends thousands of dollars per month on thiers till medicare kicks in and it is not pretty.

My building search has begun. I am thinking of going either 10 by 12 or 12 by 12 and doing vinyl sides with four panel steel doors in the same color of my house. You wouldn't believe the disparity in prices between different shed businesses. I have had high end of 4,ooo smackers all the way down to 1,884 smackers. Ofcourse the low end sounds good as long as I can assure myself the quality will be as good. I want to put this to bed by the time mowing season starts. I had to move my tractor, push mower, and four wheeler to different locals. Half of it is up at my brothers, the other half at my father in laws and I hate it!

My back is what it is. I am trying to exercise a bit to keep it moderately pain free, or well burn free. Some days are better than others. We are still trying to figure out what is wrong with the wife too. I go back to see about treatment options the first week of March.

PLUS THERE AINT NO WAY I AM GIVING UP AT-AT'S!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »
Well I have decided on a twelve by twelve building and I am finally starting to get some estimates I think I can live with. The best bid is a place about two hours away from me that looks good on the website, but I haven't been there and am wondering about delivery from that far away even though they say it is free. I have a closer place that is a few hundred higher and am trying to wrangle them a bit. I can go look at the place too before I commit. I actually have good news in that I am actually getting some insurance money on the old plastic one I had that is way more than I thought they would give. That and my tax return should cover it, but alas no big screen tv and the wife is out some spending money for the beach vacation, but what are you gonna do. If anyone has a chance look at these links and tell me which one you like!

http://www.alansfactoryoutlet.com/woodvinylshedsgarages.html

http://tristategazebo.com/pages/sb_2008_01.php

I am looking for the twelve by twelve A Frame with vinyl siding to match my house.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2009, 10:01:20 AM »
Well I put the building search on hold for just a bit as I have to prepare the pad, but I have a good idea who I am going with now. Lately it seems the office cabinets in the den have taken priority. I hung a barrister cabinet and a small cabinet right beside it on Saturday and Sunday. The countertops are supposed to be done this week too. Now though, I have a nasty cold that is making me feel like sleeping all the time.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2009, 05:53:35 PM »
I'm sorry you arn't feeling good, buddy. sounds like you are getting stuff done, though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »
I'm sorry you arn't feeling good, buddy. sounds like you are getting stuff done, though.

Yeah, I am taking a half day off work so I can go get some blood work done this afternoon and then I am gonna take it easy. My wife is even letting me out of a dinner at her parents house so I can just nap till they get home. Then, I am back at work on the office cabinets tomorrow and I hope to go pick up the countertops. I am still in the midst of getting gravel and leveling a pad for my new building too. I don't have time to be sick!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2009, 05:16:23 PM »
Well I got some work done today. I started off with my office cabinets again. I got the barrister cabinet wired and installed a neat surge protector. It actually not only plugged in, but I had to take the screw out of the plug cover and this thing screwed through it. It even has a surge for a phone line, however the heck you use it. The wife is gonna use it for her keyboard music components. I then hung some smaller cabinet doors, installed the edge my countertop is gonna sit on, and put on some door pulls. After that I did some prep work for my building pad. I think I am gonna need around 5 ton of gravel. It wouldn't be too bad if I could find someone to haul it for not too much. I will have to see what I can find about that.

I finished the afternoon by doing a bit of yardwork, raking the leaves and man do I need some mulch for the flowerbeds. It was sure a nice day though. Nice and warm. We actually had the windows open today. Then, I had a talk with a friend I haven't chatted with for a bit. A pretty nice day.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »
Wow, you must be feeling better if you got that much done, Shawn. Nice to hear that you are getting some nice weather also.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »
Wow, you must be feeling better if you got that much done, Shawn. Nice to hear that you are getting some nice weather also.

Think my cold is done finally!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2009, 11:50:31 AM »
Well it has been awhile since an update so here goes;

I am still dealing with my degeneratuve disk stuff and have physical therapy twice a week to see if it will help. I go for back injections next week so I hope that will end the stinking burning pain I have been having. I have been doing exercises and I think it is helping. I also found out that I have "stomach erosions" which has been causing me some burning pain too. I am on medicine for that, but have had to see a new gastro doc as the one I have will not fill out any prior authorization paperwork to get my prescriptions cheaper. The pills he has prescribed cost over 200 smackers a month and I can get em for 8 bucks if he would have just done the paperwork. He said just to take baking soda and water. I also checked his background and found some bad stuff so I am going to a new guy with good marks so to speak. So, I feel this whole thing is gonna be solved!

I am still working on getting a building and finally felt ok enough to level out 6 tons of gravel yesterday. I almost have it level. I am using a line level and am getting a 16 foot two by four today to really get it right. I am also getting a few tons of mulch for the flowerbeds so outdoor chores are gonna be on the menu for this weekend.

My office den area is almost done and I can't wait to post a few pics, but I want to wait till it is complete to show you. I am going to sand a corner cabinet my father in law bought the other day and then it is just two small cabinets till the job is done. We put in the new countertops and installed an barrister top cabinet ( you will just have to see it to see what I mean) and it is really looking good. I am gonna have a top notch area to do my website playing here before too long. Ofcourse my new falcon predominates the adornments (thanks again Wayne).

Lets see what else? My wife and gal are doing fine and boy is she growing up (little gal that is). She was trying to help me use the line level last night and when I was telling her to get off the string it was  hilarious. I gave her a little hand rake. She didn't move quite as much gravel as I. I am telling you having her around is keeping me sane! She is pure work, but she is also pure joy. I just hope we can get her off the diapers. Potty training is a chore!

Think that is it for now. I hope to hear how the rest of you are doing. Thanks to those Yarders who have been encouraging my hairbrained schemes. I feel like I am still collecting again! I am so glad I changed my focus though. I still can't get motivated to open the rubbermaid and start selling, but that is coming too.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »
That must have been fun moving all that gravel.  So is like a dump truck load?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2009, 03:15:53 PM »
6 tons is a good load. Just hearing that makes my back hurt.
  I am anxious to see pics of the new office area and of the shed project as well.
Don't forget me come rubbermaid time as I am still anxious about that, assuming I will have any money, then.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »
Yepper Chad, a full size dump truck load. I had em deliver a 16 foot two by four today and can see from initial work I didn't do too bad so the final level work shouldn't be too hard. That same dump truck now has the same amount of mulch piled up so I will have to get to that too. The good thing is it isn't as hard to move.

Don't worry Clint, I will let you know when the first rubbermaid tote gets open. I will post some pics of both projects when they get done. It will probably be about the same time. If I can get this done, I might actually get a summer without at least one or two major projects. I need to build a trash bin down at the bottom of my driveway, but that should be it other than doing some vegetation spraying. Who knows, I might just have time to work on my dio!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »
It would be a nice feeling to know that you have a couple of major projects out of the way. Lord knows that I have two or three on the horizon.