Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53819 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2009, 04:42:22 AM »
Well, I got a lot of my yard work done yesterday. I still have some plants to dig up on the flower bed which I am converting to a garden next year and want all the roots dug up so I don't get yanked when the tiller goes through it next year. I also have to figure out how to fence it to keep the deer out. I sure can't see any now for hunting season being in, but I know I will have em by the dozens as soon as the first plant is in the ground. I am gonna take a pic of the space and get you guys to give me your fencing ideas.

Well I finished my first ebay auction and am slightly disappointed. Now I know with today's economy things are gonna go down, but I was surprised by the many fees both ebay and paypal charge for an auction! Basically I only got 15 dollars on an auction and then have to pay ebay 1.36 and paypal 1.09! I can understand you are paying a fee for thier auction services but geesh that seems a bit high. I guess I will do better with other auctions, but man if Doc hadn't bid on that thing a bit I would be up the creek. Then, ebay tries to get you to pay to print thier shipping label when you can go to the daggone usps site and print your own and a tracking number for free! I am so in need of everyone's ebay tips. My first goal is to just get rid of all the junk I have lying around the spare bedroom and then start taking the lids of one tote at a time and just see what happens.  I think I might need to start a store too to just make sure I get bottom line what I want instead of trying to make ebay millions!

Hunting is going horrible, there are so many acorns in the woods that it is hard to pattern the deer and the early archery and muzzleloader seasons for antlerless deer have spooked em up for sure. I think it is gonna be a long season. Today I am gonna hopefully go pick up my brother and we are gonna go shoot some guns. 

All I have left to do now is treat my porches as I got em pressure washed yesterday and dig up a few plants and my outside chores are done for the year. Then, I can go find SW and hunt!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2009, 05:35:35 AM »
Sound like you have been busy, buddy.

The notorius pile of eBay and paypal fees are something I have learned to deal with on a daily basis and do realize that usually to make any money, it takes alot of selling. The learning curve of making money on the bay is more detailed than alot of people relize and the best reason for even trying it is the sheer number of people there looking to buy stuff.

Ask me anything, buddy. I am here to help.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2009, 12:09:18 PM »
Well it is time for an update. Long story short is I have been really sick. Not the swine flue thank god, but a really nasty sinus infection that I waited way too long to go to the doctor for. I am starting to improve though so watch out the hunt for the atst is on!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2009, 01:25:10 AM »
Glad you're feeling better mate....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #229 on: October 22, 2009, 03:12:51 AM »
I can tell that you are on the mend, buddy.
  post a pic of that atst when you find it. I'll make you famous.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #230 on: October 22, 2009, 05:22:31 AM »
FILM AT ELEVEN!..... Tamer finds ATST first!.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2009, 09:35:40 AM »
I can tell that you are on the mend, buddy.
  post a pic of that atst when you find it. I'll make you famous.

LOL. I am on the hunt! Still sick though. Back to the doctor again today. Still coming to work today may be a pretty daggone nice treat!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2009, 04:01:51 PM »
Well it has been a few weeks since I have updated this so here goes: Well, I am almost done with my cough and nasty sinus stuff I think. I have a bit of that junk left, but am feeling a bit better. I actually climed a few trees with my climbing stand my back felt better too. I don't have anything to show for it as the deer seem to be scarce and it is bumming me out, but man the rut is starting so it has to get better.

My two gals are doing fine, the wife is bummed because our co-workers got me a cake this week and they forgot her bday last month so she is ticked about that. They really can be careless folks sometimes, but again you take the bad with the good. I would like to see the workplace get a little bit more aimiable with stuff like that. They go through the motions, but don't seem to really mean anything. I guess a lot of workplaces are like that. Good thing I like my clientelle, most of em anyway.

My little girl told mommy she wants a big falcon like daddy so I am hoping mommy hears her and gets her one for xmas. Good lord knows we have enough for her already, but xmas is sure a fun time with a kid in the house.

Star Wars wise there are these rascals who got me hooked on the action fleet line so I am pursueing a few of those purchases and am still trying to find my Legacy Ugnaught, dewback, and am eagerly waiting for that TESB wave. I am probably gonna buy every helmetless atat driver I can get my hands on.

Well, thinks thats it. Nothing too exciting, but nothing too bad is going on either! This thing was reading like Dear Abby the last year so it is good to be doing better. Life is like that too, course I seem to find bad luck more than good, but I ain't complaining this week! Hope this selection finds you and yours doing well too. Thanks for taking the time to check in on the life of Tamer.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2010, 08:46:59 AM »
Well here is what it looked like at my house yesterday morning.

Here is what it looked like yesterday afternoon.

I haven't seen a snow like this for a long time. I don't know when I will get out, but I am gonna try to go down to my lower driveway where I have my Liberty and try to dig it out to the road as I left it about thirty yards from the end of said driveway. It will probably take me hours to dig it out, but I probably should have a way to get out if I need it. I bet school will be cancelled for most, if not all, of the week and we are supposed to get about another foot supposedly Tuesday. Ah winter, I am ready for it to be over.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »
Good lord, Shawn! I am glad you took pics but very sorry about the teriffic dumping of snow that you got. Man, imagine how much extra weight is sitting on your roof in those shots. What does you little one think about all of that white stuff?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »
Good lord, Shawn! I am glad you took pics but very sorry about the teriffic dumping of snow that you got. Man, imagine how much extra weight is sitting on your roof in those shots. What does you little one think about all of that white stuff?

We acutaully had a snow that was a little more about six years ago and it makes me so glad I have a cape cod style roof on my house so the pitch is steep to handle those types snows and snow melt. My little girl is loving it. Ok enough playing, I have to go down and start shoveling out my Jeep and then come back to see if I can dig out my truck which is in the first daylight shot you see.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »
Woah! I didn't even realize that was the truck. Tamer, I'm thinking that a guy like you could really use a good snowblower,if not a tractor with a blade.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »
Woah! I didn't even realize that was the truck. Tamer, I'm thinking that a guy like you could really use a good snowblower,if not a tractor with a blade.

Clint, a snowblower for as much road as I have wouldn't do much good. I have debated getting a tractor with a plow, but its a big expense for the small number of times I would need it. I have a four wheeler with a plow, but it wouldn't do squat with this much snow. There are two guys who live on  my back road with trucks and plows, but they can't touch this. The good news is the excavatar who helped build my house comes when I call. He is gonna plow me out the next day or so. Good thing, I starte down to my Jeep and it was such rough going (over four feet of snow I think now) I just said the heck with it. Glad I did the wife said the excavatar had called and said the other roads weren't plowed yet anyway. So I would have gotten down there to just come right back up anyway. Right now it is 51 degrees so it is really melting. Good thing, another foot on Tuesda and Wednesday is in the forecast.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »
4ft, Ouch!  Better break out your snowshoes.
That impending snow on tuesday has me spooked about my layover in Tenn on the way to Fla. Man, if we get canceled  on the way, it will just crush us.
  I just can't get over that mound of snow covering your truck.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »
Well I get another day off tomorrow. Looks like I can watch the superbowl and sleep in. I have a feeling I will have Tuesday off too as a neighboring county already called off and then there is the more snow on the way so who knows when I will get back to work. Glad we can't go past June 8th as far as when work lets out. I guess this is the last year of that though.