Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53803 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2009, 07:12:47 PM »
Sorry about the yellow jackets buddy.
Sounds like one project inspired another.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2009, 05:37:36 AM »
Sorry about the yellow jackets buddy.
Sounds like one project inspired another.

Yes, my daughters playhouse slide I built her was relatively simple and went up pretty quick once I got the posts set. I am thinking of making a little hunting house the same way. I will get some pics up when I get a chance. At least my foot is not as swelled up today.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2009, 07:50:35 PM »
I saw the Fantasy post on the front page.  Hopefully that will bring in some participants.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »
Well it has been awhile since my last update so here goes.

It has been busy at work as usual and hunting season just came in. I have only had the chance to go hunting once even though a bunch of seasons are in, but I hope to get some MD archery in this week. I have been hearing reports of a few bucks in the place I hunt so I plan to check em out again.

Today was lots of yard work, trying to get ready to pressure wash and stain the deck. I also had to drop my vehicle off for some hopefully not so expensive work and waxed my mom's car. It has been a busy day. Oh, I did see about five or six nice gobblers this evening too. I also got a walmart visit in and saw some new figs.

I plan on doing some more yard work, mostly in preparation for a garden I want to plant next year so lots of digging up of old plants in preparation for tiller work this spring. Then, I want to treat my outside deck and other areas and then my yard work is over and hunting season can begin full force.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2009, 06:27:15 PM »
Once you get a house the yard work never ends  ;)  I have not been hunting in ages and this time of year when the leaves start turning , my buck fever starts to act up. One of these years I'll have to join you on  a hunt.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2009, 02:31:19 AM »
Once you get a house the yard work never ends  ;)  I have not been hunting in ages and this time of year when the leaves start turning , my buck fever starts to act up. One of these years I'll have to join you on  a hunt.

One of these years we are gonna have to do it. Still, I can't seem to find time to go msyelf now. Ah, as the little one gets older, more time will present itself. I am hoping to get all my outside chores shored up so I can just relax and enjoy my time afield and not feel guilty I am neglecting some needed home maintenance. Still, with almost three hundred bucks tied up in hunting licenses, I do make sure I go a bit. My home state finally did bring in some early deer seasons, doe season with a muzzleloader starts Monday if you can believe it, but I am worried that some folks will just use it as an excuse to hit the woods early and shoot whatever comes in front of them, buck or doe. We definitely do not have enough dnr officers for the amount of hunters in our area. They have too big of an area they are responsible for. I am not looking forward to the trespassing incidents I bet I have to deal with next week. My house sits in the middle of the woods and I have had to run a few folks off before for shots being fired at or very near my house.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2009, 03:02:21 AM »
Can we organise a hunt for after C5? ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2009, 03:32:23 AM »
Can we organise a hunt for after C5? ;)

I get you on all this game, you may never go home Greg. What will the missus say? That sure would be a great way to end it thats for sure. 

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2009, 03:37:58 AM »
May have to send for her and Jayde to come over and join me. The Virginian air may make me emigrate..... ;)....lol.....then i'd be DARTH AMERICA!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2009, 03:52:31 AM »
May have to send for her and Jayde to come over and join me. The Virginian air may make me emigrate..... ;)....lol.....then i'd be DARTH AMERICA!

LOL. This country could use a few more good souls like you Greg!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2009, 04:27:58 AM »
Will be nice to get back over there mate, just hope i can pull it off and get the funds togther.... ;D

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2009, 05:31:19 AM »
Slightly off topic from Tamers blog but a couple of years ago a young Aussie family movied to Green Bay just to follow the Packers football team for 1 complete season, it was the season we went 13-3 and hosted the NFC championship game,  I will have to see if I can find any news articles on that archived in the local papers site. You could use that as persuasion :)

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2009, 05:33:40 AM »
Wouldn't take much persuasion Sarge.....lol......totally enjoyed my stay over there in 05 and want to see more

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2009, 05:36:17 AM »
Well I know that a few of US would be more than willing to offer a room, you can tell the misses, you can off set hotel stays ;) You can  travel the US

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2009, 05:41:30 AM »
Were Greg to see a packers game, he would want to stay, LOL
You are welcome at my house, Mate.

Sorry for jacking your thread, Shawn.