Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53814 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2009, 06:13:13 AM »
Good deal on the AC system. I am sure that is a load off of your mind.
  You are going to leave us for 2 weeks. But...............how will I be able to torture you with custom goodness???

I would have liked to shine up my car for the Branson trip but it was raining on that first day so it didnt happen. I still got some looks, though. Perhaps it was all of the facial piercings................

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2009, 06:30:26 AM »
Just how many holes do you have? NO, don't answer that! LOL. I will be sporting my Shipyards license plate and see what propoganda I can spread while down there this year.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »
See if you cant stir em up for us, Shawn. No, my only piercing was administered to my left ear in the steak house parking lot prior to an Iron Maiden concert in 1986. It has long since closed up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »
Ouch. LOL. Well my new heating and AC unit is in and I am loving life. It is freaking huge, twice the size of my last one. It is as quiet as a mouse too. I am really pleased so far. It seems to really blow good in my second story too. I hope I am done writing about it for a good long time. Guess so, it has a twelve year warranty. I got my grass mowed, all my stuff washed and put away from turkey camp, and I got my fishing license for the beach as well as a parking pass. I read some reports that the rocks were a running so I hope to cash in. I have never caught one off the surf and have always wanted to catch one. It sounds like the blues and kingfish are running too. The week after next might be good for the first tamer fishing trip. Kinda sad it has taken me so long to go on a serious fishing expedition. Wish there were a few Yarders down there to help me enjoy the week.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »
where is it, again?

We are in the process of pricing a new AC unit, the current one is just not big enough, they enver upgraded when they built the addition, :(

Still, I'd like to get a couple more years out of this one.

Did you check to see if there is a tax credit for your AC?  Barry Obama is giving out our grandchildren's money willy nilly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2009, 05:53:55 AM »
Yepper I did check on that tax credit thing, my unit was just too big as far as tonnage. Wow, that didn't come out good did it. As for the beach, it is called Bethany Beach and it in the middle between Ocean City MD and Rehobeth Beach DE. We have been going for  years now. We always start our summer off that way. This is the first year we have stayed two weeks though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2009, 03:45:33 PM »
I just have one new entry;

Packing for a two week beach trip with a three year old bites! And then I have my real three year old gal who likes to help too. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2009, 12:50:10 AM »
I just have one new entry;

Packing for a two week beach trip with a three year old bites! And then I have my real three year old gal who likes to help too. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Breathe, breathe......... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »
Well I made it through a two week vacation with my in laws. There isn't much to report, I went fishing  a good bit with not much to show for it. The wife hit the outlets and cleared em out of most of thier merchandise. I did find out how to catch some blue crabs though and it was nice to steam and eat those bad boys. I didn't see much in the way of SW merchandise I am sad to say.

I came home to some major flood damage to my driveway. I get started on that tomorrow. I will get to see what kind of shape I am in. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2009, 06:57:12 AM »
Well I dug out one section of the driveway and roughly estimated that it would take me the rest of the summer to redo all the ditches on my roughly 3/4 of a mile driveway. I did the sensible thing and called the excavator who did the digging for the house. I hope to see him show up any day now. Guess I can't expect any gravel driveway with regular size ditches to handle 5 inches of rain in two hours.

Friday starts day one of the father in law deck project. We start out by renting a posthole digger and I am sure there will be a learning curve with that one too. Guess I can't complain, I am gonna get four holes dug myself so I can start the playset construction. I am not planning on doing anything fancy other than a silde with a lower sandbox. Maybe the next few years we will add other components.

Hopefully this week will see me getting started with webwork for this and the church website I host. I am so behind here and I don't even know where to start with the church one. Oh well, gotta start somewhere. I still plan on taking some time to do a few fishing expeditions this summer. I can't let Clint and Chad be the only ones to post some pics in the fishing thread. Guess it won't be long till I need to start shooting the compound too. WV opens some early seasons this year. First one starts the 14th of September.  Lots to do as always.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
So it sounds, buddy. I am going to be at the lake fishing, tomorrow afternoon so keep your fingers crossed. I need a whopper crappie.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2009, 08:50:13 AM »
Well the excavatar is here today. He already has my back road back in shape. He did a bit more than I wanted, but I ain't gonna complain too much. I just keep wincing every time I see another 25 tons of gravel dumped though. Good lord knows what this bill is gonna be!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2009, 04:55:44 PM »
Well today was a busy day. I was woken up to the sound of heavy equipment tearing up my yard. Talk about a rude awakening. Still it has been about 9 years since I have had my septic pumped and it was due. It wasn't too bad when they got the cover off. It feels like they dug up my whole yard to find it though. I spent all morning getting it back in shape to plant grass. I would have done that today, but I figured it needed time to settle a bit. I tried to get em to put a cover on it that would lead to the surface to make it easier to pump the next time, but they were out of the caps and the stores we needed to be open were closed so I had em put the cover back on and fill it in. I told em next time I want it done though.

Then, I got my first oppurtinity to use a two person auger all by myself. That daggone thing jerked me all over the place. The bad thing was the thing would dig pretty good, but would bog down the last few inches and get stuck in the hole. Reverse would even budge it so I had to jerk and pull and wrestle the thing out by hand. I think I spent more time getting the daggone auger unstuck than I did drilling the holes. I get to use it tomorrow to drill the holes for the playside posts. If I can still walk tomorrow that is. Daggone I am bone tired.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2009, 11:27:52 PM »
Those things using them would still be shaking ya two hours later!..the vibrations go right thru you...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2009, 04:33:32 AM »
I was afraid that was the machine that you were referring to, buddy. I can't imagine trying to use one of those by yourself and would have opted for the tedious post hole diggers instead.