Author Topic: 2009 Battlepacks  (Read 14831 times)

Offline jatfly

• Cadet
  • "Darth Raider"
Re: 2009 Battlepacks
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »
I saw the Jabba set and Scramble at Yavin I almost bought the Jabba set for my Boy but I decided to make him wait. Both sets are nice but I hate the look on Jabbas face he looks more like a Clone Wars version.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 07:08:25 PM »
Found these images of the new upcoming legacy battle packs on Scum, today.
The prototype fig that we seen on ebay is in that gelegrub battle pack but the kamaless belt and holster combo that we seen there is now complimented with a cloth soft goods kama.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:16:09 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM »
Oops, I missed this Clone Wars BP.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »
i thought that it looked like there was a partial kama or something on the 327th geligrub trooper set.
it looks real nice, but that is quite a bit for that set.
I just want to get my hands on the new evolutions sets.
bring on the clones and commandos and shadow commandos. and all the newclone/imperial pilots.
i really like the removable helmets from the pilot set.
and a super arty commando...  i need to get at least 4 of this pack  just to go along with my 12 omega commandos and 8 delta commandos and 6 comic pack commandos and 6 scorch figures that are open, and the unopened omega, delta and 6 unopened scorch figs.
guess i might need about 4 republic gunships at least for transporting even half of them....

more waiting...... come on ebay...... $.99  + $8.95 shipping from the phillipines.....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 02:28:59 AM »
Holy cow! That's alot of rc figures!

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
that is one of my many flaws.... i find something i like and tend to over-do a bit.
but prices were right and i wanted them for future projects i just cant seem to get going.
i am just as bad with ARC troopers and ARC commanders and clone commanders..... and just clones in general.
but it makes me happy to plan projects ..... now if  i can get started and keep working a little at a time i might even finish one some day.
the collection just keeps on growing. and the planned customs just keep on piling up.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »
That's a feeling I know all to well, my friend. I try not to plan too many projects at once so it's easier to concentrate on the project at hand.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »
That gelagrub pack looks sweet as well as the pilot one. Looks like no ESB  stuff.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 10:41:33 AM »
I finally found the Geonosis Assault BP and Ambush on the Vulture's Claw at TRU today, hot off the truck. Interestingly, they are both in the older blue CW motif. (Definitely not the same package pictured above for Geonosis)

Really psyched to have these though..Gha Nachkt looks great.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 02:41:38 PM »
McMetal, welcome to the shipyards!!

I have been looking all over for that assault on Geonosis bp.
Guess I will be hitting target, this weekend.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »
Figured these were close to hitting. Welcome to the Yards McMetal.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
Thanks guys, psyched to be here...seems like a great online community. My casual CW collecting has gone over the brink the past few months to full blown obsession.  Having a place to share information and interact with other collectors is really going to be awesome.

For what it's worth, I'm in the Mid-Atlantic region (VA) and after a thorough assault of all the surrounding TRU's, K-Marts, Wal-Marts, and Targets in the area, I have found no other stock of these battlepacks. I guess the market saturation is only a trickle at this point...

I'm really curious about the Rishi Moon Outpost Attack BP, official release date for this was supposedly 8/7, but I've yet to hear of a single one showing up at retail. There a scarce few popping up on eBay, but they could be foreign imports.

Anyone seen this one yet?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »
Not here, mcmetal. Looking at ebay, I see that you are right about the Geonosis assault bps. there would be more auctions for them otherwise.
any chance you could give us a pic of that pod on a gunship?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 05:08:45 AM »
Cool deal McMetal, if I may ask what part of VA? I live in WV and get to the Winchester, VA area a good bit. You could also start a VA thread in the local finds board. We all enjoy seeing what folks are finding in thier stores. 

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 08:58:18 AM »
Hey, thanks for the tip. I just started a VA thread in the Local Finds board. (Doesn't seem too active in there but I assume it will pick up in the Fall)

Don't think I will be able to post a shot of the gun pods on the gunship...for a couple of reasons.

1) I am not an "opener" so everything I buys stays MISB

2) The Republic Gunship is literally the only animated Clone Wars toy I do not have yet. (That Wal-Mart exclusive is simply ludicrous on eBay) It is #1 on my list though, and will likely go down soon. (For waay too much $$$, I suspect)