Author Topic: Materials for Dioramas: Finding crates, parts and miscellaneous stuff...  (Read 51722 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Thank you so much for all your Feedback, gentlemen! That's the best of sharing my stuff on here & therefore well worth the effort! So thank YOU all so much!

Just a small update: Obviously I wanted to add a link here of where to buy these Palm leafs. Unfortunately they went out of stock. I contacted a (the) seller and she replied (even in German to my English message!) that they are sold out. If you see a listing with those pics here - it's the real deal!

Please, use our affiliate link to support the Forum: https://www.ebay.com/

The latest Transport from Willy Wonka arrived! So you're also gonna see some more Barrel Action, soon!:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:07:10 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Looks like you got in some great supplies.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
 :o haha I keep passing on those candy soda cans for $1.25 at a store near me. They do look cool in everybody's displays.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Update on the front pages.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
Thank you so much for all your Feedback, gentlemen! That's the best of sharing my stuff on here & therefore well worth the effort! So thank YOU all so much!

Just a small update: Obviously I wanted to add a link here of where to buy these Palm leafs. Unfortunately they went out of stock. I contacted a (the) seller and she replied (even in German to my English message!) that they are sold out. If you see a listing with those pics here - it's the real deal!

Please, use our affiliate link to support the Forum: https://www.ebay.com/

The latest Transport from Willy Wonka arrived! So you're also gonna see some more Barrel Action, soon!:

Using those cans is brilliant!

Out of curiosity, is there still candy inside or you ate it all first?  ;)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Great pick up on the ferns mate and those little cans look great painted and on the back of the tank.

Ron

Online Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Thanks for the leads - again. You do a good job of supplying ideas to us customizers, I may have to break down an build a diorama one of these days.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Mauldalorian: Hey, thanks for coming by! The cans are all empty and the candy inside is actually quite good for what it is. But I got far more candy with those cans than I want to apply to my body. So the candy’s gone. I’m going to repaint the cans and apply some decals, too! They make great barrels in 1/18 to 1/12 scale!

hemble: Thank you! Yeah, I try to find more of these ferns to share the link with you guys. Maybe they’ll produce more when the pandemic is over. The cans on the tank are actually not painted, yet. I just removed the plastic foil and sanded a coupe of them because acrylic paint won’t stay on the surface evenly. I paints two of them in grey so far for my Scarif diorama. Many more designs to come!

Starchaser: I’m glad to hear that! Thanks for your feedback, mate! I’ll always appreciate how you shared this loot crate Chryssalid with us! It’s all about sharing experience and inspiring each other as Ron said recently. That’s what makes to hobby so great and much fun. It’ll be awesome to see a diorama from you!

Thanks for your support everyone!

- Philipp

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
By the way, what I wanted to show you, but forgot to take pictures of when I discovered it:

Coincidence?

I’m having some fun with the barrels here!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:01:38 PM by Darth More »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
These barrels are the perfect cargo for the assault tank.
The size of the barrels is perfect for 1/18 scale figures.
I hope I can find some in my area.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
New forum member Flo Joe is working on an Ewok Village based on the original vintage Kenner version. We were considering which material to use and I went out scouting for him at some local dollar stores.

I started working on my lake on Endor as part of my “peaceful scenes” series. This video by Battlefront Mods on YouTube is a nice source for reference:

And here’s what I found:

I’ll defintely make some boats/rafts for the Ewok fishers with these eco friendly appetizer bowls! ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, nice finds. Stay safe with that in store shopping.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Thank you, Tamer. We have to wear masks I stores here since May 4th. Keeping 2 meters distane is obligatory, but it's often not possible between the isles. So far, I haven't caught any illness.
I hope you get well, soon!

Here are some better pictures for the Ewok boat concept:

This stack was 1,72€: 100 wooden stirrers 39 cents, 10 small bowls 59 cents, 8 big bowls 74 Cents

I was happy to read good ideas in the comments on our facebook page!

The Ewok catapult only fits just tightly on the bigger bo(wl)at.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
My latest trip to a home supply market:

Found texture paint to re-create Stone surfaces. Since I got acrylic paint and taxture paint, I didn't spend the extra 2 bucks. When you dry-brush acrylic paints, you can well achieve a surface that looks like rocks.

Some artificial plants fit perfectly for dioramas, but they're often much more expensive than in the bay.

If you don't like the vac metal finish Hasbro uses for the protocol and astromech droids since 2008, spray paint might be an option.

Make sure to check out two brilliant projects here:

spudafett's The Foundling: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7319.msg218713#msg218713

customjedi's work with a Chrome pen: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9176.msg209860#msg209860

And this is what I got for 1€: 100 pickers in red. That's the only color I found there.

Do you like Kylo's custom laser Sword?  ;D :-* :P >:D bbfet
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:29:39 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
It is always interesting to see what you find and then turn into custom gold.

Off to the front pages.