Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 138796 times)

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
Re: JDeck's dioramas and displays.
« Reply #885 on: January 03, 2024, 04:47:05 AM »
Love these have a few of them like more

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #886 on: Yesterday at 08:28:08 PM »
I made an armature for a Kapok tree out of hangar wire. The root system will be growing around a stone ruin. The next step is to make the stone ruin and cover the armature in foil, then paper mache over the foil.
  Also I made two Monstara Deliciosa armatures with wire and leaves from the Michael's micro plant monstara. The Michael's miniature had it like a bush but it's actually a vine. I also added more fenestration cuts in the leaves, as the leaves get bigger, the more fenestrations and perforations they have, to scale these leaves would be huge. Then I added arial roots, as older vines produce them for stabilization. Im going to have to coat the armature in wood glue im thinking. A glue/paint mix.
We'll see how this goes.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:38:22 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #887 on: Yesterday at 11:44:47 PM »
That's cool. Thanks for sharing your process and your knowledge of jungle flora :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #888 on: Today at 02:29:15 AM »
Nice. You are off to a nice start.

Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #889 on: Today at 07:32:54 AM »
Nice. You are off to a nice start.

Off to share.
Thanks! Doesn't look like much but I wanted to show the armature before I cover it up.

That's cool. Thanks for sharing your process and your knowledge of jungle flora :)

Thank you! I like to learn about filming location's geology, flora fauna when making dioramas. The developers of Battlefront went to the filming locations, took pictures, 3d scans all kinds of stuff to recreate the environment. I actually use Battlefront as a reference a lot.  I like my monstara armature, it's pretty accurate structurally.  Hard to get a good picture with thin wire.