Author Topic: The Force Unleashed  (Read 9954 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 04:48:55 AM »
Pat, through my DSL it took 2 plus hours on my 360.

I did get a chance to play quickly this morning and was very impressed with the look. It appears to be very encompassing as far as powers and moves can go. I am anxiously awaiting tonite when I can sit down and really give it a try.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 07:01:44 AM »
Wow, 2 hours!  I'm definitely spoiled with my Cable modem!  It's totally worth $49/month to me!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »
I think I need to check what my providers upload speed is, I know that when the modem is hooked up to the comp it's much faster.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 03:13:20 PM »
So, how are you guys liking it, the demo that is? I still haven't had time to download it as of yet. I will check it out this weekend.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »
Ur gonna love it  ;D
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »
Just got the latest EGM.  3 reviewers gave it a C, C, B-  :-[

"In fact, a better name for the game would've been Star Wars: The Force Mildly Contained."  Actual quote.

Im still gettin it tho, not gonna let critics ruin it for me.
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 03:59:04 PM »
The saying goes, "Opinions are like assholes: Everyone has one."  Critics are no different.  Whenever I see a review that reads poorly, it's almost guaranteed to be great.  Who says that these so called "critics" are the end all be all of thought and opinion, anyway?  Based solely on the demo, this game is going to be fantastic, and that's at the beginning levels.  Imagine how powerful and amazing this game is going to be when you're all amped up!  I can't wait to get this one myself.  Too bad that whole week I'm in Dive Training, so there will be little if any time to play it!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 04:44:54 AM »
Got the phone call from EB today. Pick up on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 07:04:42 PM »
XPLAY gave it a 2   :-[

Although im not surprised, Ive become disillusioned with LA coz I think that after JK they all assumed everything they touched automatically turned to gold.

They need a balance of innovation and mechanics, not just go all out with one and ignore the rest.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
went to the midnite opening of gamestop and picked up my game and a 2nd stormtrooper commander.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »
I picked mine up this afternoon and played the first 3 levels.  Overall, I'm very happy with it thus far.  The environments are some of the richest and most interactive of any game I've ever played.  The character design is phenomenal, the training simulator is pretty sweet.  The cut scenes are nice and rich as well.  I have 2 big complaints however...

Darth Vader's voice sounds like a character from Robot Chicken.  I know they weren't going to get James Earl Jones to voice it, but the voice they do have sounds like that person is trying too hard to sound like JEJ.

End Moves.  Whenever you face a Jedi or large creature like a Rancor, AT-ST, or Junk Giant, you are prompted to press certain buttons at certain times to finish your opponent.  However, you have to be quick about it, so you don't get to enjoy the brilliant animations that are taking place during this.

Other than that, at this point (I'm just beginning to play the Felucia level), I'm loving this game.  Way better than a "2."

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »
I think the game is good, does it live up to the hype? I don't know. I already went through it and beat it. I was just expecting a larger map and bigger levels I guess. I got it as a free rental and now really question if it is worth the 60 bucks retail? Sorry but  it let me down a little.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 06:11:37 AM by Reconsgt »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 06:26:49 PM »
This one might just wait on me a bit. I might have bought one if more of those stormy commanders would have made it to GameStop, but I just can't see even dropping fourty bucks for my ps2 for it right now.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 06:20:44 AM »
I'll admit, I've been trooping right along without much difficulty, though I'm playing on Apprentice difficulty right now as well.  The difficulty seems to stem from completing all of the bonus tasks like finding holocrons.  They do hide those pretty good!  I know that there are 2 different endings, a Jedi and Sith ending, so I'll play it at least twice.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 07:39:04 AM »
I am almost finished with my 3rd time through. I did finish on both light and dark side endings. This next run is on a harder level and the end stage fights are tougher, the holocron hunt is almost over as well. This 3rd time I am taking much more time to explore every place and I can't believe I missed some the first few times.