Author Topic: Halo: Reach  (Read 2096 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
Halo: Reach
« on: April 11, 2010, 01:50:53 PM »
So, Reach is coming out this Fall and I've already pre-ordered it. It looks great! The graphics and gameplay are drastically improved.  The Halo: Reach beta will begin on May 3rd, for those of you who have an Xbox 360, xbox live, and a copy of Halo 3: ODST. How many of you will be playing it? If you are, send me a friend request. Gamertag - xRulerx LS

I'll post in this thread later when Halo: Reach is close to its launch date. This is just to talk about the beta.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Halo: Reach
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
So whats the storyline with this one as compared to the novels? I must say I really do like the books, especially when they let Nylund write em. The last book I got was a group of authors doing short stories, kind of like the new Legends anime video. The game play was even so good with the old ones I have played that I couldn't play too long because I would actually get motion sickness playing them.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »
At last read, this game is due to be set up like Republic Commando, in that you command a 4-unit squad to complete missions.  It takes place before the original HALO (I believe) and you are defending the last Human settlement, Reach.  It looks amazing, and I'm already working on customs of these characters!  Well, at least, I'm in the planning stage.  I can't wait for this one.  I was a casual HALO fan, enjoying the 3rd game the most, but this looks and sounds incredible!  Can't wait for the demo!

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »
Am camping out for this one..... people are gonna rthink am insane tonight. oh welll no college for me tomorow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
Am camping out for this one..... people are gonna rthink am insane tonight. oh welll no college for me tomorow.

LOL! Now that is my type of dedication!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »
I have mine preordered, so I'll be picking mine up tomorrow when I get off work!

Offline COG Veteran

• Banned
  • Ensign
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:53:19 AM by COG veteran »

I only know how to do two things...Kick ass and chew bubble gum....and im all out of bubble gum!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 05:50:25 PM »
I just saw a new commercial for this while watching MNF. Boy it looks awesome.

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 03:42:55 PM »
very funny thing happened that night me and another guy where there just 2 people we sat there in the pissing rain all night and it was just awkward silence until his phone rang and it was  the imperial marcg theme. Then spent all night talking about star wars halo and games in general. Turns out he was camping out with me for halo 3 a few years back. Any way awesome night had by all.

Halo and Star wars bringinmg people together since.......um

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 05:49:29 PM »
LOL!  What a great story!  I played this game for a few hours last Tuesday when it came out, and it's ok so far.  The one complaint I've always had with the Halo series is that the game play is so fast paced, you really don't get the chance to enjoy the fantastic graphical work.  Apparently, there are several "computer files" hidden throughout the game, but with the pace of gameplay, how are you supposed to find them?  And even though I suck at video games for the most part, even playing on Normal setting, I'm getting my butt kicked all over the place.  Still, the game's pretty good so far.  I have to try out the online portion of the game yet and see how that plays out.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »
I did NOT like this game.  I ended up trading it in today towards some other pre-orders I had that come out tomorrow.  I doubt I'll ever pick up another HALO game again, really.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 11:21:02 AM »
that bad ?

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 05:15:52 PM »
You're the first person I've heard to say it sucks..... interesting. I haven't played it so I don't know.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 05:36:10 PM »
Well, to be honest, I'm not the HALO junky most Xbox owners are.  I enjoy playing co-op with friends, but for as stunning as the visuals are for these games, the pace is too fast, the plot the same: run and gun.  No side jobs, nothing but run through the level, blast wave after wave of enemies, no change in style.

Offline FlakBait

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »
I didn't like it either. All i ever play is firefight and thats getting boring. Bring on blackops