Author Topic: whats your favorite star wars game  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Re: whats your favorite star wars game
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 10:23:26 PM »
I'm a huge fan of KOTOR, followed by the Republic Commando game

Those are my two favs as well with battle front 2 at number three

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 06:33:52 AM »
All 3 of the Nintendo Rogue Squadron games, Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter games on Xbox, and the Force Unleashed. I was disappointed with KOTOR 1 and 2 and also with Battlefronts 1 and 2.  The only Star Wars games I haven't beaten(besides a few PC games I never played) is the 2 newer  Clone Wars games, Republic Heroes and Lightsaber duels I think they are called.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 07:01:05 AM »
Well, I don't have very many SW games, so I can't really comment with any real depth.  BFI & BFII, Republic Commando - for the Xbox & then X-Wing and TIE Fighter for the PC from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back.  That's really all I've ever played.  There's some discussion of getting the Lego Star Wars game in the near future, since everyone loved the Lego Indy games.  Of what I've played, I like the BFII play best, but wish they were Finheads.  Plus, I wish BFII had kept a lot of the fields from BFI and the ability to use air- & space-craft on strafing runs.

But then there's rpg's - WEG's d6 and WotC's d20 versions, plus mini-battles of the same.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 07:09:50 AM »
Well, I don't have very many SW games, so I can't really comment with any real depth.  BFI & BFII, Republic Commando - for the Xbox & then X-Wing and TIE Fighter for the PC from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back.  That's really all I've ever played.  There's some discussion of getting the Lego Star Wars game in the near future, since everyone loved the Lego Indy games.  Of what I've played, I like the BFII play best, but wish they were Finheads.  Plus, I wish BFII had kept a lot of the fields from BFI and the ability to use air- & space-craft on strafing runs.

But then there's rpg's - WEG's d6 and WotC's d20 versions, plus mini-battles of the same.

Lego Star Wars already came out way before Lego Indiana Jones. What you heard is Lego Star Wars:Clone Wars is coming out.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 07:18:55 AM »
Heh - I mean there's discussion of *us* getting it in the near future, now that I'm back at work and can afford luxuries like Xbox games.  Altho, I'm sure we'll end up with Lego CW too.  And the littlest one wants Lego Batman.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 07:33:35 AM »
Yeah, I played the 1st Lego Star Wars with the kids and it got me hooked and since then I've played all of the legos:Indiana Jones, Batman, and the Star Wars ones. I like their different twists on the movies. Addictive too.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 07:47:17 PM »

Lego Star Wars already came out way before Lego Indiana Jones. What you heard is Lego Star Wars:Clone Wars is coming out.

I didnt hear about the lego:clone wars game...omg some more lego goodness.

Lego Jones was horrible imho

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »
For me there is no contest:

X-Wing Alliance - with the Custom Ship patch installed.

Released in 1999 Lucas Arts have never bettered it. Here's why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuMEF2MFWKk&NR=1

Offline commander william

• commander william 1 arftrooper battlaion
  • Ensign
  • when you mess with me perpare to lose
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 04:37:20 PM »
commando game and star wars battle front 2
its hard too say that i'd rather stay awake when i'm asleep

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »
A game that might not have held up over the years but I wasted many an hour on was Shadows of the Empire.  That game was fun, and a real blast when you unlocked Full ammo and Wampa friends.  I have it but the danged save broke in it (a common problem I understand). 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »
I like the Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy game
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words