Author Topic: Vintage gaming  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Vintage gaming
« on: March 11, 2010, 02:50:24 PM »
Any gamers get into the old school systems?

I was feeling nostalgic the other day and went to my dads looking for my old Atari. Needless to say, it was non functional but it got me thinking I would like to get some of the older systems for my "man cave" when I get it done. I would even like to get the old Pong Sears system I had, as well as the Nintendo systems. Seeing that many of these are very cheap, especially the games, I was in the used game shop the other day and a guy dropped nearly $100 on old games, granted he walked away with a ton of games, and it got me thinking that many of these could be a fun alternative to the 360,   I always bought old SW games, but I may venture down this path too, Maybe start with a SuperNES, and see how it goes.

Offline betobuster

• Cadet
Re: Vintage gaming
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »
I've still got my old NES console.  Heck, I still have every console I've ever had.  I've got them mostly on a shelf near my tele.  On there are my Gamecube, SNES, NES, and Playstation 2.  Nearby is a Nintendo 64.  My Sega Genesis is in some box in the closet I believe.  I've been wanting to get a hold of some older games.  I've never owned Rogue Squadron, but absolutely loved what I played.  I had a list of games I wanted, but it's probably buried in a drawer somewhere.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Offline spaceman022

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
i always thought vintage gaming was the best.i still play my N64,ps1,NES and neo geo pocket color.i play the older stuff more than the newer stuff lol.one of my most favorite games would be R.C.PRO-AM for the NES.that game is addicting hehe.i also have quite a collection of systems.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 09:02:19 PM »
Last year at Wizard World, I had seen a booth that offered EVERY NES game ever made on one disc that could be played on a PC.  I totally regret not getting it then.  Some of my very favorite games were on the NES.  I wouldn't mind finding an old Atart 2600 as well.  Keystone Kapers was one of my favorite games to play.  I have read, however, that a quality, fully functional NES system goes for a decent price.  I'll have to look around though!

Offline spaceman022

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 09:16:20 PM »
good luck on finding a good NES for a nice price.i once saw a disc with all NES games as well but diddnt buy it either...i regret it too  :D

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 11:51:47 AM »
I found a NES last summer for 20 euros with about 6 games and 2 controllers :p

Offline spaceman022

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »
Luckythats a pretty good deal.i payed $40 for mine and it works fine.but no game with it and just one controller lol

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »
I wish i could get a sega GameGear somewhere, still have the game Golden Axe for that

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 02:48:41 PM »
i used to love playing "Mickey Mouse in Castle of Illusion"(dont laugh!) on the Sega Mega Drive(Genesis)and "Blue Lightning" on the Atari Lynx.oh and "Aliens Vs Predator" on the Atari Jaguar was crap ya pants scary!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »
i used to love playing "Mickey Mouse in Castle of Illusion"(dont laugh!) on the Sega Mega Drive(Genesis)and "Blue Lightning" on the Atari Lynx.oh and "Aliens Vs Predator" on the Atari Jaguar was crap ya pants scary!
I won't laugh, i'm in the same boat :p except I have Mickey mouse in Castle of Illusion on the game gear :p though I sadly can't play it because i don't have a game gear nnymore.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 06:22:18 AM »
Still looking, but found some good games
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:13:59 PM by Reconsgt »

Offline spaceman022

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 10:53:09 PM »
anyone play the genesis.thats a great system.my favorite game is rocket knight adventures.my genesis 2`s AV cable is gone and i will get rid of it someday if anyones interested btw