Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Mayan Secret - Quazar version!  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Re: Indiana Jones and the Mayan Secret - Quazar version!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 01:51:27 PM »
I assume others have already figured it out or know. Lee is Shortround.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »

I hadn't considered that. Aw, now I feel spoiled :(

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »

Yes!  Exactly.  Well done.

I hadn't considered that. Aw, now I feel spoiled :(

It's not actually a spoiler.   While I didn't want to just come right out and say it, I was hoping people would pick up on it.  Some did, some didn't.

Hope it was fun either way. 

:)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 05:31:40 PM »
Mr Quazzar you have pulled me out of retirement...

You have done an amazing job on this, absolutely superb storytelling and I simply cannot fault the photography and editing. Right from the start the way you merged the Paramount Pictures logo with the pyramid (I loved that by the way) you had me hooked.

Some of the camera angles had me really impressed and I seriously forgot that these were action figures, I followed the frames as if it were a movie. I loved your very subtle humor as well, especially the part where Jones (I'm assuming the sergeant is Jones) tells the Nazi he's overdressed, I laughed out loud at that one.

Photography: You deserve a firm pat on the back for the production quality there, not a blur or blemish in sight. You seem to have used a touch of HDR to the images which makes everything look really sharp, I am impressed.

Dioramas: I needn't have to tell you how good a job you have done creating the ambiance needed, you've aced it straight off the bat.  

So in conclusion... A really pleasant surprise and a thoroughly enjoyable read. If you leave it as-is you really should be proud of yourself, if you continue then I have to wish you the best of luck as you are going to have your work cut out topping this first production. I'm really impressed!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:34:13 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 12:03:17 AM »
Mr Quazzar you have pulled me out of retirement...

Thanks very, very much for your detailed and thoughtful comments!  :D

You have done an amazing job on this, absolutely superb storytelling and I simply cannot fault the photography and editing. Right from the start the way you merged the Paramount Pictures logo with the pyramid (I loved that by the way) you had me hooked.

Thanks!  I'm glad I did that logo dissolve, as it seemed to go over very well!  :)  Figured it was such an iconic part of Indy, I should try my own version.  

Some of the camera angles had me really impressed and I seriously forgot that these were action figures, I followed the frames as if it were a movie. I loved your very subtle humor as well, especially the part where Jones (I'm assuming the sergeant is Jones) tells the Nazi he's overdressed, I laughed out loud at that one.

The sergeant is actually Short Round.  :)  (See conversation upthread!)  Indy will appear in the next installment!

Photography: You deserve a firm pat on the back for the production quality there, not a blur or blemish in sight. You seem to have used a touch of HDR to the images which makes everything look really sharp, I am impressed.

I did buy a new camera, so the quality is notably better than my last effort.  I confess to not knowing how to do HDR, so I guess that was a lucky coincidence.  I did do some standard, simple photoshop manipulation, though.

Thanks for your advice from last month, btw, regarding photography.  I used photoshop to move the characters closer together in frame at least once.  The camera really does amplify the distance between figures, you have to jam 'em as close together as possible!

Dioramas: I needn't have to tell you how good a job you have done creating the ambiance needed, you've aced it straight off the bat.  

So in conclusion... A really pleasant surprise and a thoroughly enjoyable read. If you leave it as-is you really should be proud of yourself, if you continue then I have to wish you the best of luck as you are going to have your work cut out topping this first production. I'm really impressed!

Thanks again.  I think the dios here are okay....not spectacular, but serviceable enough.

There will be another chapter posted later this week, it's already finished, so stay tuned.  The plan is to tell a complete story in roughly four chapters which I'll roll out over the next month or so.  

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »
Seeing Shortround all grown up and following in Indy's footsteps makes me glad. Since Temple of Doom canonically takes place before Raiders of the Lost Arc, I was always afraid that something terrible had happened to Shortround.

Love this so far!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 10:01:37 PM »
whoops, double post
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:03:22 PM by Lance Quazar »

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 10:02:55 PM »
Seeing Shortround all grown up and following in Indy's footsteps makes me glad. Since Temple of Doom canonically takes place before Raiders of the Lost Arc, I was always afraid that something terrible had happened to Shortround.

Thanks very much!!  I always thought that Short Round should have been seen again or addressed somehow.  AT LEAST a cameo in the KOTCS wedding, I mean, come on!!!

:)

Love this so far!

Well, don't forget to check out Chapter 2 -

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9052.0

THANKS!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:04:51 PM by Lance Quazar »