Author Topic: DARK CHILD CHRONICLES - Chapter 2.1 "Bessie"  (Read 5214 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: DARK CHILD CHRONICLES - Chapter II Part1 + HD Movie
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 11:41:34 AM »
Guys & Shawn,

I've been thinking....I'd like to continue the story in Movie format only. It's crazy me working on the photonovel images then altering the format to suit the movie version as well as a Power Point version for the text effects.

I'll continue to post work in progress images, but for the web I think that the movie format is far more exciting.

If most of you prefer the traditional format I'll continue with it, but looking at the viewing figures I'm getting over 1000 views om You Tube compared with a much smaller number who look at it in the photonovel format. It'll still be exclusive to the Yards and I guess that by having movies only it'll be simpler to move accross to the dedicated page you've made for it.

I'll obviously provide artwork for each new chapter.

Your thoughts?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 11:51:18 AM »
I must admit I love the movies Jules and look forward to seeing the effects you add in.  I also like the comic strip approach a photonovel gives too, but think for me the movies are a bit more appealing.  Still, the Darkchild Chapter One page looks good with the movies on top and the photo chapter underneath. I can see I am of some help.

Whatever you decide, I think we need a Darkchild table of contents page, which would then have graphics that could link to the various chapters. I will do all the coding if you shoot me what graphics you want for chapter one, two, three, and four, and so on if you add more. No hurry though.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 06:56:26 AM »
Shawn,

For the moment I'll concentrate on the movies. When I have finished ther segment I'll produce some artwork that is more akin to a comic book layout that you can post on each page. The change in image size format means more flexibility, whereas the size limitations on the forums means I need to keep to a one image per frame.

The fact that you can place the movies directly onto a page makes the movie formatmuch more exciting, and on the pages it looks amazing.

I'll work on some artwork in the coming week. Possibly a backdrop as well....

I'll PM you when I have some ideas ready.

Thanks...

Jules

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 07:09:05 AM »
I gotta say that I enjoy the movies also, Jules. It does take away from the time that a person could use to appreciate each frame or image but as had been said before, in your movie format, your photonovel has reached a whole new level.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 08:21:48 AM by Clonehead »

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 07:59:52 AM »
Cheers Clint, I appreciate your comments. I am really enjoying gtting to grips with the new software...the next movie will be longer, I'll try to fill up the whole 10 minutes, I'm also trying out some new special-effects techniques which will have your eyes popping out of their sockets. I'm also starting the process for the continuation of the novel beyond the work already done. I've finished the writing for an additional chapter and I'm starting to customise the figures needed. 

It's going to be about 4 weeks before the next release but in the meantime I'll be visting the Figures forum and pimping some customs.....

I'm glad you are enjoying the work so far.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 08:13:32 AM »
Jules, your new software is turning out to be your Master's Brush in your artwork!  I swear each frame gets better and better!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »
Check out our Dark Child Link on the front page and you will see an expanded Dark Child table of contents. Ofcourse Jules did all the graphics.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »
WOW, that looks awesome...

I'm working on Part 2. I've been finding that the story for a movie has to be re-written to work with a movie format.

My brother-in-law is a professional writer, he writes novels and has written movies and plays (he's currently a BAFTA judge). I had a chat with him about it and he told me that he finds writing a movie far more difficult than a novel. He usually has to do 4 re-writes before he's happy.

So guys trust me I'm putting a huge amount of effort into the next part, and it's bloody hard work. I'm now on the 3rd re-write with lots of cool movie shots that I just can't use...If it wasn't for you guys supporting me and enjoying this I would have given up by now.

The next movie's about 4 weeks away.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 03:46:16 PM »
I know one thing, the movies are amazing. I can't wait to see more.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 04:02:32 PM »
Shawn, I can't tell you how hard they are to produce...

Thanks again for giving me such a wonderful showcase.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »
I can't even imagine how hard it is to make them. They look better than a lot of anime I have seen.  I could really see somenone paying you major bucks to make more like these. As far as the Shipyards Showcase, we are the ones pinching ourselves.