Author Topic: Star Wars Comics go back to Marvel!  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Star Wars Comics go back to Marvel!
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:29:37 AM »
http://starwars.com/news/lucasfilm-and-marvel-join-forces-to-publish-star-wars-comics-and-graphic-novels.html

"The Walt Disney Company's Lucasfilm Ltd. and Marvel Entertainment are joining forces to bring new Star Wars adventures to readers across the galaxy, with Marvel granted exclusive rights to create and publish Star Wars comics and graphic novels beginning in 2015."

Cmon ole buddy make me a Jaxxon!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Star Wars Comics go back to Marvel!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:59:53 AM »
Not much love for ye ol' Marvel Star Wars?  ;)  I got your back, Tamer. Back in the day, I used to go to the bookstore every month (SW issues were published monthly here in Holland, combining 3-4 weekly issues) and buy the latest issue. There are some pretty good stories and story arcs in the Marvel SW verse, creating some great characters and developing the  characters of the movies.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Dark Horse years. Dark Horse created an wonderful Expanded Universe and wasn't afraid to go eons from the timeframe of the movies. Like Marvel, Dark Horse also created great new characters and events.

While I'm sad to see Dark Horse 'lose' the franchise, I welcome Marvel back. I'm very anxious to find out what they come up with and how Dark Horse will say goobye to SW.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:39:25 AM by Mr. Black »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:06:31 AM »
I agree Remco, we ought to see some great new stories. Hopefully a few can get made in action figure form too.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 08:19:35 AM »
I haven't bought comics since I was a teen, but the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir series pulled me back in.  I'm looking forward to what Marvel may cover next.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:19:06 AM »
I haven't bought SW comics in awhile, but I will admit that new six issue Firefly series sneaked home somehow.