Author Topic: Custom Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunters Wanted  (Read 1219 times)

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Custom Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunters Wanted
« on: August 22, 2014, 02:12:48 PM »
Hi all, I wanted to start by introducing myself. I go by Kareth or Kalzeth named after my SWTOR characters. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and have been collecting the 3.75" line since I was a kid. Thrawn's books reignited my love of Star Wars and turned me into a huge EU fan, but since the Disney takeover I've realized that I'm unlikely to ever see my favorite characters turned into figures and so am seeking customs.

I've been lurking here for awhile so understand how much work, energy, sweat, and tears you talented artists put into your creations and would love to work with you to bring some of these characters to life. My list of EU requests is pretty long so I'm not going to put the whole list here unless you all suggest that I do, but if you're interested in helping me I would love to find someone to do some commissions. Please let me know if you would be interested!

Offline butterfingers

• Ensign
Re: Custom Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunters Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 03:06:03 PM »
Hey,

What kind of bounty hunters are you trying to ask people to make?

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
Thanks for asking.

My Bounty Hunter list is:
Mira, Calo Nord, The Del Mooma brothers, Mika, Stroth, Harrl, Kleef, Vianna D'Pow, Glott, Chop'aa Notimo Longo Two Guns and maybe Nym or Tulkh.

Lots of obscure ones :)

Offline butterfingers

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:42:28 AM »
Do you by any chance have any reference pictures, not familiar with any of those characters. Not sure if I can help you out on this one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 06:14:46 AM »
Welcome to ISY. You definitely picked the right place to find some awesome custom artists to take on a few of these.

If possible, it might be better if you could organize each character by Name, reference image if one exists, reference summary of character (perhaps even name of novel and page number there is a physical description or scene with pivotal action). The more you can break it down the more likely the custom artist is to want to pick this up.

If nothing else you could even just describe what your basic idea of what this character in action figure form might look like.

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »
Welcome to ISY. You definitely picked the right place to find some awesome custom artists to take on a few of these.

If possible, it might be better if you could organize each character by Name, reference image if one exists, reference summary of character (perhaps even name of novel and page number there is a physical description or scene with pivotal action). The more you can break it down the more likely the custom artist is to want to pick this up.

If nothing else you could even just describe what your basic idea of what this character in action figure form might look like.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I can definitely do this. I know I picked some obscure guys :)

Here is a Google Doc with some reference pics, a source and some descriptions. Let me know if that format is okay and I'll work on adding my Jedi to it soon: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r_q4_OhQamta5CAHAAVPo0f1UK9EuhgiNt22ou4IBP4/edit#gid=0
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:45:07 AM by kalzeth »

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 01:13:37 PM »
Not accepting any commissions for now (not until early 2015), but feel free to contact me near the end of the year. Vette is definitely a character I'd be interested in making.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 05:44:25 AM »
Nice spreadsheet with a lot of great reference information.

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 02:00:03 PM »
Thanks, Tamer! I added some Jedi and Sith in there as well. Please send me a PM or reply here if interested.