Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

Solo: a Star Wars Story

<< < (2/7) > >>

CamoDeafie:
Its going to be pretty difficult to reconcile the ep3 Falcon scene (docking at the Senate building) with this version... although I note that wookieepedia did not say that it is the same ship for the Canon entry.

I wonder if Clarkes character uses some features from Bria Tharsen and Jessa (Stars End) characters.. as the love interest of a young Han Solo; and if Harrelson's character will have some features of Doc and Garris Shrike...
I am interested in seeing how this movie does Han Solo's origins  as it seems to have kept a few key plot points from Legends; his application for Imperial Academy as a pilot, the Kessel Run, saving Chewie, and perhaps he won the Falcon from Lando after the events of this movie, if it belonged to Harrelson's character first, and had Solo and Calrissian as crewmates..

Coruscant_Cantina_Customs:
I’m so excited to see my favorite alien making a comeback after being left out in the most recent films.

Tamer:
I liked the look of the new ships, especially that new TIE!

Mr. Black:
Honestly, I’m not that interested in new designs, especially when it comes to the movies that take place be-tween TPM and RotJ. It just seens a bit odd to me the Empire had TIE Strikers right up until ANH and all of a sudden we never get to see them anymore. Same goes for that TIE with the double cannons.

But I get it, new ships and vehicles mean new Lego sets, toys, DLCs for Battlefront ;) And no, I’m not judging Disney on trying to make money, because if you’ve seen the Netlifx documentary series The Toys That Made Us, you know George Lucas was all about the merchandising.

New designs aside, the overall look of things looks good to me. Fitting right in the time frame of that period. And did you see what’s hanging from the windshield of Solo’s speeder? Lucky dice! :D

JDeck:
I'd have to respectfully disagree. In the real world a mega military would accumulate several weapon designs. I equate the Empire to ww2 Germany, they had many different fighters, bombers, uniforms and weapons. Not all of them were used in every campaign.
  In the OT, we were only shown 4 years, and 3 military campaigns in the Empire's 20 year existence. There's much more to be seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version