Author Topic: Ebay venting thread  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Ebay venting thread
« on: February 03, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »
I have been waiting for a person who won an auction at a ridiculous price (5 bucks) to send me their payment after two weeks and then they have the gaul to send this message when they send their payment.

""Please package these items carefully. Please put something like a paper towel between the bubbles so they dont get messed up in shipping. Please package in a good sized box with good packing. "

I am gonna vent here because I feel like writing them about a four page letter talking about how stupid they are when I always follow through with my deals and ship in bubble wrap in good boxes. Ofcourse my feedback describes this too, but I would think perhaps the message should have been an apology about how late they were with their payment and how they are sorry they waited so long?!!!  I will be so glad when I sell off the rest of my stuff so I don't have to deal with people of this caliber.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Ebay venting thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 02:07:41 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure what I'd do.  I may have refunded the payment and left him bad feedback for slow payment.  Of course, I'm also irrational at times, so I'd probably send that message telling him to go F*$K himself and for what he paid for the item, he'll get it how you send it, period. 

Some people are just asses, and have no concept of what the real world is all about.  Morons...

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »
Some people are just asses, and have no concept of what the real world is all about.  Morons...
sad, but so true...

Spookymufu

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 02:48:18 PM »
I'm the guy that bought it and you're lucky I paid at all, and if that stuff isnt wrapped good enough for me then I'll report you to ebay for a refund AND leave you a big fat negative feedback!

Okay not really, it isnt me LOL

Dont you love it when people act like they are owed everything?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
LOL. Spooky I got a good laugh out of that one. The sad thing is you cannot leave a buyer bad feedback anymore. You just have the option to push a postive button and then leave some comments and thats about it.

I could have reported this tool to ebay after a few days of not paying and would have had ebay settle the dispute in my favor and still have the items, but I thought I would play it nice even though with shipping it wasn't twelve bucks. Thats what I get for trying to be a nice guy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:33:50 PM »
I guess that's partially my fault for directing you to be a nice guy with that one.

My latest beef is that buyer need to read the details of the auction before they buy. I know that it's an impulse to look at a pic an a price and click "buy it now"

I have found that there's a market for empty iphone boxes and have sold and shipped two so far with one to go. Surprisingly enough when the words "box only no phone" are in the title  and description of the auction, I still have had several instances where the buyer clicked "buy it now" and then realized that there was no phone offered before they go to pay. Normally, they are afraid to contact me about it and just let it sit there.

Here is a message I got from a 3 feedback buyer who didnt pay and got my invoice.

hello friend please cancel this purchase someone came into my mind to harm me but thanks to "God and change the key to my ebay please cancel this purchase is not my fault

LOL
So I cancel another transaction, wait till the end of the month to get my final value fee back, lose my listing fee, and relist again. "sigh"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 04:15:57 AM »
When you cancel the transaction you can still get your final value fee back? I thought you had to file an ebay dispute and then escalate that and then you could get that fee back?

So I guess in your buyer's defense it was God! What a tool. Unfortunatley as a seller you do meet one of these every so often it seems. I try to remember that almost all of  my experiences have been ok and that these tools are in the minority, but it does irritate me that simple common courtesy seems to allude these morons.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 05:57:20 AM »
You can request to cancel the transaction and eBay sends thereafter to the buyer. As long as they agree within 4 days, you will get your final value fee refunded come invoice time.

Yep, that's the sort of buyer who's I'd gets added to the blocked bidder/buyer list.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 07:09:57 AM »
You can request to cancel the transaction and eBay sends thereafter to the buyer. As long as they agree within 4 days, you will get your final value fee refunded come invoice time.

Crap. I should have done that for that tool I am dealing with. I will know next time as no doubt it will not be the last time I have to deal with someone like this.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »

The buyer can still leave you a negative and 1 or 2 DSR ratings, despite canceling the transaction.
Two negatives and three low DSR ratings can now get you suspended as of 2011 (I was suprised too).
If eBay simply made it so that a negative could be left by both parties, or only if the Buyer didn't get any money back or tracking## then it would at least be fair and people wouldn't fleece each other for free goods.

Don't email or argue with them.  Just send the item with tracking.  Take a photo of the item in the box with the paper towels.  If they file a complaint, just ask them to send it back.  If they return it, only send them back the purchase price (don't give them a full s/h refund.) - you sent it in good faith. Don't ever agree to give anyone a refund unless they return the goods to you, and don't process it until the items are back in your hands.   About 5% of my buyers attempt to get refunds, full or just a few dollars back, AND keep the item every week, as its a common scam.

Your best bet:  Cancel your eBay and PayPal accounts, because no matter what you do, eBay and PayPal will just give them their money back and you'll still be hit with a negative.  There's no real way you can sell something and be secure in knowing you are safe from buyer fraud. Better off to move on than to wrack your brain trying to keep safe.  They just want buyers to be happy because PayPal makes more $$ on transaction fees than eBay does on Sellers listing items for sale.

Take it from me, I've been selling via mail since 1992, selling on ebay since 2002, and I would hate for what happened to me to happen to you:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=6396.0

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 01:36:18 PM »
Wow, that was some story. Daggone I hope I can get this all done before meeting someone from the stories you tell.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 10:52:48 PM »
Tamer, I hate that my tax refund hasn't arrived yet!  I saw a buncha auctions go by that I'd'a loved to thrown in my 99-cent bid on!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 05:55:40 AM »
Tamer, I hate that my tax refund hasn't arrived yet!  I saw a buncha auctions go by that I'd'a loved to thrown in my 99-cent bid on!

I plan on unveiling some more this coming weekend if I can find some time to get things wrapped and packed!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »
Ok, so I haven't sold anything on Ebay in quite some time, but recently began to unload some items that I was ok getting rid of.  I was surprised, however, to get an invoice for almost $50.  Apparently Ebay now takes 10% of your sales, plus a percentage of shipping costs???  How can they take a percentage of the shipping costs when they have nothing to do with that?  Again, it's been a long time so maybe I just don't remember their split being that high, but 10% is quite a takeaway if you ask me.  And I don't make a dime on shipping, I usually end up losing money there, so how can they take fees for shipping like that?  I'm sure many of you know these answers, so if anyone could shine some light, that'd be wonderful.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 01:18:39 PM »
Ok, so I haven't sold anything on Ebay in quite some time, but recently began to unload some items that I was ok getting rid of.  I was surprised, however, to get an invoice for almost $50.  Apparently Ebay now takes 10% of your sales, plus a percentage of shipping costs???  How can they take a percentage of the shipping costs when they have nothing to do with that?  Again, it's been a long time so maybe I just don't remember their split being that high, but 10% is quite a takeaway if you ask me.  And I don't make a dime on shipping, I usually end up losing money there, so how can they take fees for shipping like that?  I'm sure many of you know these answers, so if anyone could shine some light, that'd be wonderful.

ok so now you guys will understand why i dont sell my customs on Ebay ...
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms