Author Topic: AT AT parts please!!  (Read 9333 times)

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
AT AT parts please!!
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:21:39 PM »
Im looking for the cockpit cover, side mounted guns, and side door...everything but the walker its self!! lol
I can cast the parts if needed but the guns having the spring for firing the rockets is not possible so these are the most important I guess, but will take the others if possible to find!!
"Magnificent Aren't They"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: AT AT parts please!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 04:07:52 AM »
John I will be glad to send you the parts to cast if you go down that line. It is almost impossible to find potf atat parts unless you just buy a junked one on ebay and they don't show up to often for prices that are decent. I will see what I can find though. I usually look for decent atat deals every chance I get. I sure appreciated the help  you gave me the one time to get my potf atat complete! I just shot one of the  missles for my kids yesterday!

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 04:41:43 AM »
Good luck, you will need it... Always same parts are missing...   :-[
Living Dead Never Die - There is no death, only the Dark Side

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:17:37 AM »
I have the endor atat to use for casting but appreciate the offer Tamer, The only problem will be the guns... any little opening and the mold material will seep through and ruin the original.  Most likely Im going to mold the hood and side door so when Im finished If anyone needs these same parts Ill be happy to duplicate more. As these parts are missing from so many and are so hard to find!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:42:37 AM »
That is awesome news John. I for one will probably need some help with these parts as I am planning on upgrading my walker collection once I clear out some rubbermaid!

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 04:48:21 PM »
I probably should of made a new thread.... but Im looking for anyone who has any extra turrets that come with the aotc pilot.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 05:42:56 PM »
I could use some of those also. I had contemplated taking one apart to mold the componants but am having troubles getting the globe apart.

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 10:24:01 AM »
Its a little tricky but dont worry Im in the processes of molding mine. After posting looking for the turrets I took the parts off my ship and Im already ahead of you!! As soon as I cast I have you some in the mail. Ok?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »
Way to go guys. Just make what you need! John you can help Clint make me a McQaurrie concept walker!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »
Cool deal, John. You are the man!!
  A concept walker, Tamer? Holy cow! That would take a sizable dio! ;D

Offline customcloner

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 03:54:13 PM »
Ok , just waiting on the molds to dry. They should be good to cast by later tonight or first thing in the morning. I molded all 4 parts the controls the swivel that connects the control handles to the main shaft, the shaft and the dish looking piece on the front of the globe ( you called it the firing mechanism) Also Clint, I found a good way to make sure you minimize on the air-bubbles dooring the casting processes... When I made the missiles for Tamer's ATAT the mold was so narrow inside that the resin would set up before it reached the bottom of the mold so I used one of my kids medicine syringes being it had a some what long nozzle. After mixing the resin I sucked it up in the syringe like I would the medicine and put the nozzle at the bottom of the mold and filled it from the bottom up. It worked perfect, up until that point I had six failed attempts with the missiles. Even for the helmets it cut down to only having to cast them once even the difficult ones. I know your thinking about the syringe "Clean-up" Right before it hardens inside the nozzle I take a piece of wire and push it back out. Then taking a pair of narrow scissors or a small flat screw-driver and the resin pops clear off!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 06:46:56 PM »
I had often thought of some sort of resin injection process for that problem but was worried about the resin in the nozzel hardening up. I may have to try that buddy. Thanks for the tip.
  did you cast the globe pieces also. That was the part that I couldnt get apart. in pieces, it would take alot less resin to cast.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:59:50 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 05:56:45 AM »
Wow John, I sure do appreciate the missles you made. I shoot one a week, even if the walker doesn't need it! Thanks for casting those for me!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 03:36:28 PM »
I have to give you guys credit for being ambitious, I am looking forward to seeing the cast parts. I may be interested in buying a few extras for a battle damaged dio.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »
I have to give you guys credit for being ambitious, I am looking forward to seeing the cast parts. I may be interested in buying a few extras for a battle damaged dio.
That sounds like a good idea.