Author Topic: Clonehead's Ebay Store and auctions  (Read 21236 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Ebay Store and auctions
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 05:10:49 AM »
I was kind of dissapointed with how the Ponds auction went. He ended up going to a Mexican bidder for much too cheap, IMO. At the rate of traffic that the Incinerator trooper auction is getting, I would expect about the same. The economy has the bidders tight with there money, that's for sure.
  I may start listing custom figures in my store, that way, I can set a price without it costing so much to do so.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 05:52:41 PM »
I was kind of dissapointed with how the Ponds auction went. He ended up going to a Mexican bidder for much too cheap, IMO. At the rate of traffic that the Incinerator trooper auction is getting, I would expect about the same. The economy has the bidders tight with there money, that's for sure.
  I may start listing custom figures in my store, that way, I can set a price without it costing so much to do so.

not a bad idea. Perhaps do an auction every once in awhile with one that doesn't put you out too much in material or time and then link that auction heavily to your store where the real goodies are so to speak. You do need to get paid for all that hard work.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 07:34:10 PM »

not a bad idea. Perhaps do an auction every once in awhile with one that doesn't put you out too much in material or time and then link that auction heavily to your store where the real goodies are so to speak. You do need to get paid for all that hard work.
Good ideas, buddy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 03:52:25 AM »
I had one parcel returned to me, yesterday, marked "no such street". After confirming with the buyer and checking on google maps, it was a mistake on the part of the postal carrier. I will bring this to the attention of my postmaster, today in an attempt to correct any such mistake in the future as I mail it for the second time, out of my pocket.

Darn posties, seems like they are good for about 2 mistakes a year on my stuff.

I am pleased with the response to an auction for all RC heads that I have going on, now. They always did like the RC heads. Those and the Mando heads. I am shipping out a commisioned order today, that includes roughly 35 resin pieces not including the 15-17 optical rangefinders that I put in there. About 10 of the pieces were freebies that I threw in because he had made such a big order. That buyer was partial to the mando helmets.

RC head set      Here is a link to that one auction. I made a revision to it that states that because of the response, I am adding 1 free rc head and will add an additional free head for each dollar jump that the bid makes over it's current amount of $10.50.  They should like that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:56:30 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 04:50:50 AM »
Good looking auction. Like that contest picture in the bottom of the auction. They sure seem to like those heads!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
Here are a couple of pics of all of the parts that I cast and cleaned up, this weekend and yesterday.
Better than half of this hoard went to one buyer that had requested a custom made auction for some particular pieces. Mostly, mando heads and rangefinders. Look at all of those range finders. I'm so glad that I made a mold to cast those seperately.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 04:50:05 AM »
Wow. That is a lot of pieces. Looks good though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2009, 04:40:59 AM »
I'm happy to report that,this far, this has been a better week as far as sales from my store are concerned. I would like to thank Dana r a, for the big parts purchase. I'm down at the lake, now, with only my iPhone for Internet access and won't be able to get your order out till next week. You forgot to wait for your shipyards member discount but I can assure you that your free parts bundle will be a biggie.

There still not hitting on that custom figure like they should be.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
I wonder if they would hit on Legacy version figures done in these characters?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2009, 04:03:07 PM »
At the prices and traffic I'm seeing, I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort?
Alex is going to miss that cheap price on the incinerator trooper and dio.
I believe that my next figure auction will be placed in my store for a set price.
I just can't see them going for so cheap.
"man, typing on this phone is a slow way to post. I'm just glad to be able to watch this stuff while I'm away from my pc"

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
I ALMOST HAD HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i was sleeping so i didt get to wacth the last hours  :'( bin looking for other customs , nothing that impresses me , except for a clone fleet commander but he wont ship int.
May the Force be with you !

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 05:54:55 AM »
I wonder if they would hit on Legacy version figures done in these characters?
Shawn, I believe that you have inspired me to paint up a legacy AOTC incinerator trooper, this week.
  As mentioned earlier, I had sold some resin parts sets, this weekend and look at this big bundle of sets that I am shipping out to one buyer, today. See that bagged bundle of free parts on the left? That's a promotion that I offer to buyers of multiple parts auctions if they pay the full shipping price for all of the auctions. The more auctions that they buy and pay the full shipping price for, the more parts that they get. This buyer bought 4 sets and paid full shipping so, I put 16 parts into his free parts bundle, randomly chosen from the ten sets of parts that I have available and from the parts that I haven't listed in a set, as of yet.

Remember that all RC helmet set that I listed last week? It was so popular that I listed another one,this week.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2009, 04:46:05 AM »
I just think for real SW officianados that the regular style is much more appealing. IMO.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2009, 05:12:35 AM »
I just think for real SW officianados that the regular style is much more appealing. IMO.
Well, I am working on one aotc incinerator trooper, legacy style, now. Perhaps I will list it, this weekend.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2009, 07:20:22 AM »
well my paypal works now  so bring it on!!!! cant wait for more customs!!!!hopefully clone wars type figs , for some reason im not caring much for the legacy type , maybe because i have so many and only 2 clonewars type , even thought they are skinny i find they paint job and detail quality far more superior than legacy
May the Force be with you !