Author Topic: Tech Support Help!!!  (Read 800 times)

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
Tech Support Help!!!
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:48:59 AM »
Im trying to update my blu-ray player, the lady said i could download the update via the samsung website with a cd-r disc and just pop it in and it'll update, needless to say SHE WAS WRONG it wouldn't work.

I tried using a lan cable to hook the player up to my modem but i got the "no  cable detected" message.

She also said she was sending me a cd with the data on it, but I have my doubts and don't wanna wait 10 days.

Can anyone help?
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Tech Support Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »
Ya know, I just updated mine today as well.  I plugged mine into the router with a LAN cable and had to reset my modem to take effect.  You may want to try that, and also go into your settings and check out your network test settings.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
yeah, reset is a must.

A router would be easier...but since its samsung, I recommend the usb stick.

I did mine in like two minutes, no problems.

PLus, you can put photos and stuff on the stick and watch them on the big screen.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:47:02 PM »
hey guys i too have a samsung Bluray but i have not yet needed to get any updates...
im just wondering what movies you have, that needed you guys to update? so that i know when i will be needing to....

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead