Author Topic: Last nighttime Space Shuttle Launch (USA)  (Read 720 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
Last nighttime Space Shuttle Launch (USA)
« on: February 08, 2010, 01:24:13 AM »
Well, if anyone is online and is interested in staying up to watch the last nighttime launch of the American Space Shuttle, before it is discontinued, here is the link.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/spacevidcast

It should be launching in an hour, so sorry if you read this post after it's already launched. Just thought maybe some of you would be interested in watching  :)

Edit: To keep this from being a useless post, I ask this question. What is your opinoin on where the space program is heading?  I, personally, am pretty pissed off that Obama would cut funding on America's space program. We contributed so much to the international space station, and now we can't even go to it in our own shuttles?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:41:45 AM by James T. Kirk »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Last nighttime Space Shuttle Launch (USA)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:19:14 AM »
I think the Space Program has been stale and stagnant for a long time.  Now, I do also realize that they've probably been doing a lot of research and development behind closed doors, but we haven't really had any breakthroughs, either.  Obama's cutting of the program is another in a long line of stupid moves.  We cut funding to the space program, yet send billions to Haiti.  New Orleans isn't done being rebuilt yet, and the permanent memorial to the victims of 9/11 is still in production, yet we send all kinds of money, product, and aid to other countries.  I think the Space program is an important one.  There is so much that is still unknown, and that's just in our own orbit!  It really is a shame.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Last nighttime Space Shuttle Launch (USA)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:34:18 AM »
I agree, they should have already started launching the new reusable space shuttle. China's program is going to pass us in a matter of a few yaears. Its really sad. We were the first pioneers and now we aren't even launching rockets. Things like this made us what we are as a country in my opinion. October Sky is a good movie from my local area about how dreams can come true.