Author Topic: Weather  (Read 6976 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Weather
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »
We are going to get some snow tomorrow into friday. We are due at the stepbrother's house at noon on Friday. 1-1 1/2 hour drive.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »
I hope all you guys that are traveling on those roads stay safe. If you hit the ice I can only recommend that you wait for the Salt trucks or you could be sliding down a hill at a rather fast pace. I saw way too many cars wrapped around trees when I went for my hairy drive. I eventually just waited for the snow plows. I have never seen a big ole snowplow back down a hill but thats what they did. When you see the snowplows sliding you know you are in for trouble. Just be careful guys. I would hate to loose any of you over the holidays. I have already told my extended family members that if it is ice then no one is to come to my house period. They didn't like it much, but I ain't gonna worry about my family members trying to get here in ice.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2009, 07:19:02 PM »
Well the snows already started, it will be interesting.  Might be the first xmas yet that we missed going to the in-laws.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2009, 07:20:26 PM »
My Mom already called and pushed Christmas diner to Saturday,  so we should miss the storm.    I am not looking forward to this winter,  What's that they say about global warming  ::)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »
It's a solid sheet of ice here in NorthWest Indiana.  I'm at the firehouse tonight, and the engines are sliding around like a graceful ice skater.  My car has at least 1/4" of ice on it, so I'll have to thaw it out tomorrow somehow before I can even drive home.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2009, 02:00:03 AM »
In the last days we had +10°C, so no white Christmas here in Austria  :(

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2009, 05:27:06 AM »
We should be good through the daylight hours today, but we have about 1/2 inch of ice forecast for later tonight.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2009, 06:01:15 AM »
Just got done outside already this morning, not even 7am and I was out taking out the garbage, we had about 3/4 of snow/sleet come down overnite, and now it is freezing rain so I scraped off part of my driveway, atleast got the 60 foot concrete pad infront of the garage, the other 120 feet of blacktop I left, hit it with salt and hopefully we can get back into when we leave tonite,  it's on a slope and an angle, fun in the winter,  Winter has just begun but I am sick of it already.  It's just no fun when your an adult ;)

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2009, 10:56:17 AM »
Spent about 3 hours this morning snowblowing out mine and one of the neighbors driveway.  We got about 6" so far.  We have a lull right now, but its suppose to kick back up tonight again for the big show!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »
I can feel your pain Wayne. I shoveled Saturday through Tuesday and I am still sore.  Winter plain stinks when you have to be responsible for getting everyone out safely. I also had to get up on my roof to remove some of the over 27 inches of snow we officially got. It was leaking into my gutters and freezing over and causing major ice build up on my back porch which I found out about the hard way. Oh well at least I landed on my smartest part! Be safe guys, we are all getting up there in years and tons of folks kick the proverbial bucket by shoveling snow and related things.  I hope you guys can at least rest tomorrow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2010, 01:04:39 PM »
Argh, I have had enough of this snow! I do hope this does not hamper my departure to Fla, this coming tuesday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2010, 01:08:46 PM »
LOL. I will trade your inches for what some are now thinking may be over two feet only to get hit again on Tuesday with potentially more feet! I am so tired of shoveling snow. Oh well, it lets me play here most of the day.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »
I could make a killing shoveling snow for little old ladies in your neck of the woods, Shawn. No, if we got that much snow, our airport would get shut down and my trip would get postponed.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »
I could make a killing shoveling snow for little old ladies in your neck of the woods, Shawn. No, if we got that much snow, our airport would get shut down and my trip would get postponed.

Clint, get ready to drive about two and a half hours to actually get too an airport.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »
You guys can HAVE that crap, though we're due to get some more snow today and tomorrow, but I don't think as much as you guys are!