Author Topic: The Official Star Wars: The Old Republic game thread  (Read 9339 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: The Official Star Wars: The Old Republic game thread
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 08:18:42 AM »
I really need to get into that crafting and other specialties, but I just have no idea where to start.  Any suggestions?

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 03:42:54 AM »
Hey Phatty

What Character are you playing?

There are various crafting gathering skills that are recommended for each character. I ignored this at my peril and trained in random ones that I thought were cool - oops.

Luckily you can 'unlearn' skills and train in new ones. Then it's a matter of

** Sending your companions on crating material gathering missions.
** Gathering the same crafting materials in game as you explore the planets.
** Buying crafting materials on the Galactic Market
** Tasking your companions to build the items that you have blueprints for.
** You can buy blueprints form your crafting vendors or on the Galactic Market.
** To increase your core crafting skill build the more challenging items on your list (Check out their colour coded difficulty rating)
** To improve on the quality of the items that you have built, "use reverse engineering" by doing this you stand the chance of learning a blueprint for an improved version of the item that you created.

For a more indepth guide have a look here! (However the one small section on 'mods'may be outdated.)

http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide.com/crafting-guide/

All the best,

Ray

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
wow so dumb I would love to play the game but I need to buy time and I really dont want to use my omney for something already bought
- Jon

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 05:31:25 AM »
Did you guys hear that this is going to be free to play to level 50 this Fall from Bio-Ware?

Kinda wondered what you guys thought who have already paid full price for this? As I understand it the free version will have some limitations, but sure does seem like a slap in the face to those who paid for it.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726499/star-wars-the-old-republic-will-be-free-to-play-this-fall/

"BioWare has reported a steady decline of subscriptions for SWTOR since its release in late 2011."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:35:27 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 05:36:33 AM »
I really wan't to try it but i won't cause downloaded thing's mess up my computer. >:( >:( It's already slow enough!  :'( :-X :-X
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 12:07:54 AM »
I saw this yesterday too!

As a paid subscriber it doesn't bother me too much. Since it started in December it's been the only modern game I've been playing! I still love it, but haven't had the time to play much recently due  to work.

I feel that I've got my money's worth out of it so far an I'll be continuing for the foreseeable. My toons are on the Red Eclipse European Server if anyone fancies joining up...

Hopefully FTP will reinvigorate the player base!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 06:27:47 AM »
I've discontinued my subscription to it because I wasn't playing it.  I had gotten stuck in a glitch for more than a month with very little assistance, until someone finally understood what I was trying to tell them and fixed it, but by then, I had lost track of what I was doing in it and had to go back and redo so much after they fixed my character.  I may play again when it goes free to play, but we'll see.  I think it's great to get some of those people who are scared by a monthly fee.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
Well now that I have high speed I will have no excuse not to play.

Perhaps we can all join in the same group and build up our characters?

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »
I got kotor I & II xbox versions cheap off the bay..........what size hard drive will a 360 need to run these games?

Any ideas if 20gb will do the job???
I got a white 360 I've just got working again today (laser was out slightly) and a black 360 slim,which one should i slap the drive in to??

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2020, 07:37:59 AM »
I played this game religiously for like...6 years straight. Then 2 more off and on. I did hardcore raiding, competitive PvP and the like...

Then the dark times came. EA turned it into a casual at best game for weekend warriors. Gambling boxes took priority to actual content. Players became disenfranchised. Annoyed. Pissed. There was never any form of urgency to anything they did. They brought us back, finally, with story driven content which was fun for a month at a time, but eventually fizzled out. Haven't played since...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 05:59:01 AM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2020, 04:05:31 AM »
Yeah, it was really great back in the day. So wish they would get something going like this again.