Author Topic: Black Series 6" Cantina Showdown  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Black Series 6" Cantina Showdown
« on: June 14, 2014, 05:42:55 AM »
Andrewstoyz has posted pictures of a new 6 inch Diorama (all set pieces are cardboard):

Personally I already have two Hans so what in the world I would do with a new one is something I would have to figure out. I guess this is a ploy to get folks to buy some of the peg warming second wave of six inch figures, but cardboard set pieces, cmon Hasbro!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: Black Series 6" Cantina Showdown
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:20:01 AM »
This is absolutely pathetic.   I really believe that Hasbro is turning into Apple  during the late '80s when the board and bean counters insisted only on pumping out crap product after crap product.  Staying afloat in a world that demands increasingly better products seems to be their only goal...and even that doesn't seem to be turning out well (considering Hasbro's retail strategy).  

Hasbro needs someone who will stand up for great product in their planning/organizational meetings.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyone who wants---or is able---to do that at Hasbro right now.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 07:44:23 AM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:30:17 AM »
After seeing the larger action figures (talking) that Disney came out with I have a feeling they aren't gonna let Hasbro continue to get away with it (fingers crossed).

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »
Too little too late! If this would have came out at the beginning I would have bought it, even with cardboard chairs. I think it's safe to assume that most collectors already own these two figures, so therefore this two-pack will be a BIG time shelf warmer! You know this thing will be roughly $40.00. You think anyone will shell out that cash for cardboard chairs?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:29:02 AM »
i must admit i have looked at the 6" figures and to me they just look like scaled up 3.75" figures same average sculpts and same shoddy paint jobs ,so when i decided to give Hasbro the heave-ho so to speak, one look at these so called super figures was all i needed to confirm my decision to switch to Sideshow.A decision i have so far not regretted.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 07:34:26 AM »
I just keep thinking there are now three different licensees for the six inch line. This may force Hasbro to have some better quality control. If only we could get Hasbro some competition in their three and three quarter set up.

If they continue to do things like this though, without anything really new to pick up, this six inch line is gonna fizzle out. Then Hasbro will blame us the consumers for not buying it. Kinda like the hiatus for the large vehicle offerings.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 01:23:35 PM »
This is up for pre-order now too for anyone who wants it:

ToysRUs Cantina Showdown Link

Its $40 and would have been great if those set pieces had been real.

Here is the link for all the ToysRUs Exclusives by the way:

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11433485&sr=1&origkw=sdcc