Author Topic: party recipes  (Read 1714 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
party recipes
« on: December 10, 2011, 08:02:58 PM »
Yeah, so where the heck do I put recipes??  Anyway, here's one from me and the kids...

WOOKIE BALLS
An easy party treat for holiday gatherings of any size.

The following measurements are given in “parts” rather than in fixed measures.  By taking this approach, you can easily scale up your output from a small sampler to a full-blown squadron party.

Ingredients:

2pt   peanut butter
1pt   honey or agave nectar (cappuchino-flavored agave nectar makes a tasty surprise)
4pt   oatmeal (quick-oats)
4pt   coconut flakes
   cocoa powder to suit

Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and blend together.  You might need to add a bit more peanut butter or sweetener to help the dry ingredients hold together, but do so in small amounts, not in a complete “part.”  Pinch off bits of dough and roll into marble-sized balls, about 1/2” in diameter.  Place on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and chill in the freezer for half an hour or more before serving.

Variations:

“Tauntaun Balls” - Dust cookie balls with confectioner's sugar just before placing in the freezer.

Coat in melted almond bark for a crunchy shell.

Notes:
My kids call this “reindeer poop!”  We just discovered this fast and easy recipe a few days ago, and they are already making plans to give them away to family as Christmas gifts, complete with cards identifying them as “reindeer poop.”  We use creamy peanut butter because that's what we have – use crunchy peanut butter for a more nutty morsel.  For a small sampler to see how you like them, make your measurements in tablespoons.  This resulted in 4dz cookie balls – just right for two of us.

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
Re: party recipes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
Awesome recipe!!! my son loved it  ;D