Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Regular Vehicles  (Read 10133 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Vintage 2010 Regular Vehicles
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2010, 07:59:41 PM »
Easy, you two.  I don't think anyone was trying to attack anyone else.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
I just seen you posted in two threads about TRU and I looked and their prices were $7.49 for some of the guys. I don't buy online anyways, but it seemed like you were straight up advertising for them man. I am waiting longer than 6 weeks because their isn't any "must haves" for me in the 1st couple of waves. To each their own. I just don't understand the need to go pay a lil more for something when you can just wait a lil bit.  It's like people paying extravagent amounts of money for stuff on Ebay too. I just don't get it....and I love my action figures but their isn't any Star Wars figures that should be worth more than $10 to me.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 05:28:48 PM »
Oy vey, I'm not trying to be crabby about this, really, I was trying to provide an informative post for the benefit of others, not pimp TRU. All of the other fan sites over the weekend like Yakface, Galactic Hunter, or Jedi Temple Archives had posts in similar threads just like mine.

The fact is, a lot of people DO order online now, if for no other reason than Hasbro's distribution is so piss-poor. The first domestic availability of any new wave after a major relaunch is newsworthy, regardless of who has it.

I can't speak for every region, but around here ALL of the SW figures are $7.49 on the pegs at TRU, so the prices at the website are exactly the same as what you would pay in the store. The worst part about online ordering is the shipping, and that was free.  :)

By all means, people should feel free to order whichever way the feel best about. The important thing is to have fun.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »
McMetal we do appreciate you trying to give us a heads up about this. That is indeed what this place is about, spreading information. And I do agree, its all about having fun.

That being said, I do agre with Mike about being patient and you will be able to save a few dollars, but for those who like their items early and with toysrus half off deal and free shipping it is pretty comparable.

To each his own though. To each his own.

Thate being said both of these are still in stock. If I wasn't such a daggone minty minded collector I would probably order. Still, I also have an idea that walmart and target will be getting exclusive vintage carded boxes so the carded guy in me is gonna wait to see that for sure too.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 06:31:58 PM »
Toys R Us stores are the worst at stocking shelves. That's why I hate their exclusives because they are so hard to find. No, I am not an online buyer...just costs more/credit card charges/shipping/higher prices. Guess it some ways online has it's uses. I would just use online stores to find hard to find stuff. I hear ya man.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 06:39:44 PM »
Yeah, I agree, I usually hit online only when that is the only option or there is a great deal going. Sometimes ee, hasbrotoyshop, and toysrus have good online deals as long as the shipping doesnt get you.  I am always leary online though because the product just could show up bashed and the post office blames the etailer and the etailer blames the post office, etc. etc.

My last toysrus purchase was  a wing city guard they shipped in a regular mailing envelope. It showed up crushed on all sides. Still if you are an opener, it is not as big of an issue.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »
yeah, if you are a Mint in Box guy, getting figures shipped has got to be a bummer. My Qui Gon and Eopie mail away figure came and it looked like it got shipped from Afghanistan.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 06:55:16 PM »
see the problem is you saidd they were more online im afraid that may be how much it is going to be in stores

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 05:50:04 AM »
see the problem is you saidd they were more online im afraid that may be how much it is going to be in stores

For a new toy reset, every store will have em out CC. Don't worry about that.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 01:25:01 PM »
Got a video review up of the new TVC Snowspeeder and am uploading one for the Cloud Car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHn63WndC1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq5uavnTTIo

I will write up full reviews with pics tonight or tomorrow morning.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
great reviews mate
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
Those are hitting stores here now in Aus for $29.94 (Toysale prices).........

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 06:39:45 PM »
Awesome reviews Clint. I can't wait to get both.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 06:52:38 PM »
Great reviews Clonehead!  I especially appreciated the side by side shot of the old and new snowspeeder.  To think, I'd been chastised months before for even suggesting the mold was new/different.   :o   :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 03:02:53 PM »
Well it seems our friends at jeditemplearchives have gotten the inside scoop on which two vehicles will get the vintage pakcaging. I just assumed it was the cloud car and snowspeeder. It is a tie fighter and snowspeeder. I guess one out of two ain't bad!