Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Regular Vehicles  (Read 10133 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Vintage 2010 Regular Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 10:55:52 AM »
i wonder why i got out of vehicles but this could get me back in!

I'm guessing you got out with the Sith Infiltrator.   :)  I only mention that one specifically because the scale was just too far off for me to appreciate that particular vehicle.  It's nice to see Hasbro has been able bring out some vehicles that are better scaled matches to their on screen counterparts.

And speaking of the NEW snowspeeder mold, I seem to recall a certain Enterprise captain raking me over the proverbial coals after I'd suggested this mold was new.   ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »
I seem to recall that too B.R.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
I seem to recall that too B.R.

LOL!  It's good to know someone does, even if the offender does not.   ::)     :)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
I would like to see a compairason shot of the old/new snowspeeder. From what I see it doesn't look any different then the old one. That's one thing that bugs me. I'm sure the snowspeeder could have used an update but there is so many unmade vehicles that I wish they would have did 1st.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 10:14:18 AM »
I'd like to see a comparison shot myself.  There is a clue or two about its smaller size compared to the old.  But without a side-by-side picture, it's tough to know what we'll be getting.  Maybe we could ask in the next Q&A session if Hasbro could provide just such a photo.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »
I'd hate to waste a question on that though, even though I would like to see a comparison. Wonder if the snowspeeder will be coming with a pilot? That's what I don't understand is the Target snowspeeder with Wes Janson a few years back was cool. Didn't see why an update was needed. Hopefully they will add something in there that will make this a must have.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
Might not be a bad question to see if they would give us a comparison shot with this new one and and old one. You guys are coming up with some great questions.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »
I like that Idea, also. I'll bet they would give us a comparison shot.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 01:54:57 PM »
I never owned a vintage snowspeeder and I've never bought any of the modern repaints of it but I'll likely buy this newly sculpted one.    Probably.   I think.

Cloud Car I'm buying 2 of as soon as I see them on the shelves (which necessitates 4 of the new pilots, hehehe).   I've been waiting 15 years for a new twin pod cloud transport, I'm ecstatic it's finally coming.   And it looks amazing. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 08:44:56 PM »
Here is a carded shot of the new twin pod cloud car that I found on yakface's facebook page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 07:33:17 AM »
This looks nice. I have wanted this ship for years! I hope they have not messed it up with extra features and pop out parts. I'll get this as soon as I see one!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 08:42:36 AM »
I'm hoping it doesn't get messed up with the extra features and pop out parts too.  I tended to look at all "standard mode" photos of this vehicle with a very skeptical eye.  Everything I've seen so far does seem to suggest all the annoying stuff collectors hate can be well concealed. 

Ironically, I had the original Cloud Car as a kid and remember being kind of underwhelmed when I got it--which was the reason I understood Hasbro's past reluctance to bring this one out.  We'll be able to tell for sure when folks actually have these in hand; but Hasbro may have finally struck the perfect balance between kids and collectors --incorporate action features that can be removed or totally concealed for the collector.  In my mind this concept should be used in taking another stab at playsets.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
Great new to share!

The Bespin Cloud Car and Snowspeeder are IN STOCK and ON SALE now at TRU.com.

Don't delay...these are likely to go like hotcakes!

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »
dang dude. do you work for Toys r us or what? Why pay extra cost when you can wait for a month or so and go to the stores and get them.  The thrill of the hunt is half the joy.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 06:52:06 PM »
Explain to me what the "extra cost" was exactly?

Shipping was free on my order. Everything I bought was exactly the same price as it would have been in a brick and mortar TRU. So how did they jack me up?

If the thrill of the hunt is half the joy, then the other half is actually owning the damn things with the peace of mind that you have them all. I'll be savoring that feeling over the next six weeks...enjoy your wait.