Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Wave 1  (Read 11465 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: Vintage 2010 Wave 1
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
Man, you took the words right out of my mouth because I was going to add that. I was hoping these are just prototypes too and that Vader head too is something I was going to mention. It looks like it's out of scale with the body. Hopefully they will be making some tweeks but I doubt it because the pictures from last year's toy fair were the final version. I think it was the Slave Leia, and I told myself, "man, I hope they fix her arms."  But they didn't.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 07:04:35 PM »
I think it was the Slave Leia, and I told myself, "man, I hope they fix her arms."  But they didn't.

LOL!  I got a good chuckle out of that.   :D

You might be right though.  This may be as good as it gets.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 12:26:13 AM »
i'll  be happy if they make it here...... ;)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »
i'll  be happy if they make it here...... ;)

Always good to have someone outside the U.S. put it in perspective for those of us here.    :D  You're right--it could be worse.   

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »
Aussie has nothing at the moment except CW stuff which is or is not screening on channels here...No legacy (just Yarnas, Han and Akrev, maybe  some from waves 2 and 3) and little remnants from legends. i'll have to put in a SOS to my shipyard contacts.. ;)........

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 10:45:46 AM »
oh goodie i want that 3 p0 my faveite of them alll i dont care what any1 says im getting that 3p0 3 of them for customization maybe a senators proto droid im getting crazy aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want the 3p0

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 10:22:17 AM »
oh goodie i want that 3 p0 my faveite of them alll i dont care what any1 says im getting that 3p0 3 of them for customization maybe a senators proto droid im getting crazy aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want the 3p0

The 3PO figure is growing on me; but it's taken a while.  I think it kind of depends on which Toy Fair picture you saw first.  For instance, the 3PO shown in the vintage packaging from the show room floor was all types of wrong.  Other photos show a drastically different and better version.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 05:06:30 PM »
Ok I am liking some of these others I don't think warranted release however.  

These are the ones I am looking forward to:
Hoth Leia - Much needed.
Dengar - Really not needed but I appreciate that they did it.
Dak Ralter - Pleased they did him, goes nice with Luke Snowspeeder Pilot.
Cloud Car Pilot - Looks nothing like the Vintage Cloud Car Pilots, however will make a nice Captain for the OTC Cloud Car Pilots I have which do look like the Vintage ones.
C-3PO - Is either Yes or what a Crap figure, depending on what Version they go with.

These are the ones that or either pass or ho hum:
AT-AT Commander - For a Generic I can use it, as for it being released why, we have a decent enough Veers already.
Bespin Luke - Why!!!!! didn't we not just have one of these released not so long ago, oh yes we did I have it up stairs, not needed (they could have done a nice Hoth Luke, which is needed).
Darth Vader - Whoop look another one (that's sarcasm by the way, this Vader is not needed).
Hangar Bay Han - Why!!!!!!!!! when they could have released Bespin Han which everyone wants.
Boba Fett - I already have him 3 times now and the Holiday Special Version, and the McQuarrie Concept version is he really needed again, plus he has already been out on a Vintage Cardback, if they want to bring out another Boba Fett figure look at the EU sources (and I don't mean funky colored Marvel either).
4-Lom - Not needed we only got him last year, the only selling factor for this one is the Vintage Card.
Zuckuss - Not needed we only got him in the TAC line, the only selling factor for this one is the Vintage Card.

I am convinced once again Hasbro just doesn't listen to what the collector wants, or me being selfish what this collector wants.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:10:52 PM by Cimter »

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

Thought I'd chime in on this too.  Beings I agree pretty much with everything posted by Cimter above I'll just go with my differences.

Bespin Luke - Well I have to say the last one was an epic fail in my opinion.  I don't really count that release as acceptable.  As Bespin Luke was my "go to" Luke figure as a kid, I really wanted this figure done right.  In a perfect world this would have been the one released a couple years ago and this slot would have been available for another figure.  Because of that crap-tastic release I'm happy with this "re-do".  Sure Hoth Luke would have been nice; but somehow this isn't so bad to me.  For those of you who have no affinity for Bespin Luke, yeah this kind of stinks; but if nothing else, Hoth Luke is at least rumored to be on the way.

Vader - I went into this one in the Vader thread so I won't bore anyone here again who doesn't want to read that.  I already got blasted over there.   :)

Boba Fett - This one I'm just wondering about.  Are they doing a formal release of this guy again?  Or is it just the vintage throw back figure available via mail order?  I guess I'll think about the re-release depending on the look of the vintage card.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »
Well, the good thing about this new Vintage line is if we don't like the figure we don't have to buy it since there isn't any must have droid parts to collect. I could care less about the Vintage Cards, but I know some people do. I just don't understand the Dengar still. Why? He was just released a few years ago and then again 2 years ago in a comic pack, even though with a crappy paint job.
The Bespin Luke. The last one I remember was in like '02? The one with the removeable magnetic hand. It could use an update but I would rather see some all new figures. I noticed the new waves coming up are mostly updates. At least they aren't throwing something in there that makes these figures must haves, cuz then I would be upset.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2010, 07:54:26 PM »
Yeah but as I was trying to point out, they haven't listened to what we have wanted, they originally promised us a collector line, then obviously because it's "Hasbro we want to make a quick buck" they do the complete opposite, have you seen what's coming in the next wave, they are all repacks maybes with the exception of one or two - I am worried that the Vintage line won't last long with these sorts of offerings, then they have split the A New Hope line up for 2011, however this may be a good thing but it also may be a bad thing, if all they plan on doing is either upgrades to figures we have which are pretty decent or repacking figures that we already have.

As they have said there will be very little in way of new characters, now I am presuming and hoping they are going to be resculpting figures that need updates like most of the POTF2 figures and really anything before Blue Saga.

Also I am hoping they eventually do a Vintage Imperial Commander, and one of my personal hopes they do a furry footed Snaggletooth.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 06:56:02 PM »
It would be interesting to see a website poll that weighed in on this new vintage line.  Something like:

A)  I'll be buying all of them
B)  It looks like I'll be buying more than half of them.
C)  I'll buy a few of them.
D) Not buying a single one.

As this is supposed to be a collector's driven line, I'd have to think a website poll would be fairly indicative to the sales Hasbro could expect from the collecting community.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »
found these pics at Jediinsider.com, of these two wave 1 figs, the atat commander and dak. from the background, I recognize that these were taken by that one factory reject seller.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 07:03:25 PM »
thanks for posting these pictures.

For some reason I was thinking Dak's body would be a modified snowspeeder pilot Luke.  Certainly not the case after seen this picture.  I didn't purchase any of the Evolutions pilots; but I'm wondering if the body is based off the Evolutions style snowspeeder pilot.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 06:55:43 AM »
OH YEAH!!  ESB is pretty much my favorite movie and I've felt they've routinely shorted the movie on figures.  Looks like that is over. 
Dengar - been LONGING for a super-arty version!!!
Leia and Han - very nice, they'll hit my collection.
LUKE! - YES!!!  The VOTC version was a tease - I never saw it in person and was NOT going to pay ebay prices.  This is an army-builder for me.  He's in *fatigues* fer crying out loud!  Headswaps galore for generic pilots!  And as for the "go-to" fig from the old days - yes.  I still have the calendar where I wrote down the day I got mine.  That's how important that fig was.  Right up there with Christmas 1977 and my Jawa and Stormtrooper.
ATAT Commander - Again, yes please!  Army-builder and significant fodder.  Not a Veers head, which is a great plus.  I see molds coming SOON of the armor pieces and the helmet!
3PO, Dak, Vader - meh.  Altho, with removeable panels, I'm sure my son will eat up several.
Fett - he's got the wrong pistol?!?  Depending on the molding... who am I kidding?  I'll ALWAYS take more Mandos!  Plus - I think he has a ball-torso joint, rather than swivel waist.
Cloud-car Pilot - looks like good fodder from here.  Also looks like we get two different head-sculpts?  Yes, please.
4-LOM - We'll see.  I thought the last release was adequate.  I'd've preferred seeing an IG-88 with the Lancer Droid or -86 articulation.  Or, most preferably, a Bossk.  I think that was another VOTC release like the Bespin Luke.

Why doesn't Hasbro just re-release some of the older figs that they got essentially right rather than trying to "re-imagine" things?  I'd love to have gotten a re-release of Veers, but a whole new sculpt is ok, I guess.  3PO - didn't we already get a good one?

If, God forbid, I could only get ONE of this line, it would be the Bespin Luke.  (Yes, a Bespin Han and a Bespin Leia(gown) and a Bespin Leia(escape) would have been ideal additions over YADV or YAC3PO)