Author Topic: Darth Krayt and Sigel Dare comic pack  (Read 4007 times)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Darth Krayt and Sigel Dare comic pack
« on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:15 AM »
I picked this up a while back, and finally got around to opening it. Since nobody has done a review yet, let me try.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Darth Krayt and Sigel Dare comic pack
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
Sounds good to me buddy. Go for it. I will be doing a different review at the same time.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »
YOU FOUND ONE???!???   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Where?  I mean, not like I need a Sigel to go with, what, four other Knights I have?  Noooooo.....  MAYBE the local WalMarts will break down and get some in.  I can hope.  If not, there's Ebay.   ;D

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »
I picked this up at Target about 2 weeks ago.
The comic is a reprint of SW Legacy #22, with Darth Krayt on the cover. It is a great installment to the Legacy storyline and the artwork is pretty good, so for any who do not regularly read the comics, I would recommend at least reading this issue if you pick up the comic pack.
As for the figures, they are both new sculpts for the most part.
Sigel Dare Is an Imperial Knight with a new body and head sculpt, with the small waist being the main tip this is a feminine fig. The super articulation includes ball joints at the neck, arms, elbows, knees and ankles; and swivel waist, hips and wrists. She comes with an attached soft goods cloak and hood attached in the sculpt of the figs back, and of course the clear lightsaber known to belong to Imp Knights. The head sculpt is rather nice, however the painting of the face on mine leaves much be desired. She looks kind of creepy in a Goonie sort of way, having one off painted eye. Also her right arm is not attached perfectly in line at the elbow joint, but I do like this fig.
The Darth Krayt figure has a great deal of detail, the best being in the head sculpt and painting. With one red and one blue eye and the facial tatoos, the detail is quite striking and really follows the visual style of the Legacy comics. His armor/yorrick corral disease really looks well detailed on the exposed portions of his arms, which are SA at shoulders and elbows with swivel wrists. He has a swivel waist, hips and SA knees, but alas he has no ankle articulation. He has soft rubber shoulder armor pieces and a sort of soft rubber mini-skirt like waist armor piece which is not removable. The helmet is removable, with lots of effort and has a notch for his ponytail to fit. It does take a bit of work to line the eye holes of the helmet up with his eyes. He also has the nifty lightsabers which look as if the handles were grown and he has cool notches on his back for storing them, however the red blades are not removable and i prefer them in his hands. He is difficult to pose, having no ankle articulation and the shoulder armor restricts much of the ability to pose his arms with out it falling off but it is attached with post and hole method and is easily placed back on.
If I misseed anything, please let me know. This is a must have for fans of the EU comics and a nice addition to any collection.
Pics to follow ...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 12:51:19 PM »
That was a very nicely detailed review, Dana. Good Job!! Thanks for doing this one as I had not planned on picking this one up. It was too bad about that articulation. Lets see some pics, buddy.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
Sorry if the pics arent so good.
First pics of both.

Then Sigel Dare.

And Darth Krayt.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:49:11 PM by dana.raye.smith »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »
Nice pics buddy. That Darth Krayt figure looks nasty.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »
Surprisingly it does look like an older version of A'sharrad Het from the comic pack and is nicely done.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
This is definitely one that I want to pick up.  I was very intrigued with the Legacy story line, especially A'Sharaad Hett's fall to the Dark Side, becomming Darth Krayt.  Very cool!

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »
must be nice have not seen these were I am, good pics and great pack

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »
I am very jealous, :)

great review, is sigel dare sparkly>?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 05:35:20 PM »
I'm going to have to grab this one when I see it.  The storyline is awesome, and VERY intriguing.  Makes me want to do a bit of fan fic of my own...

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »
Her armor is as sparkly as the other Imp Knight figs but she is a brighter sparkly red.
It does look nice with different lighting effects, like Xmas lights twinkling different colors.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:21:59 PM by dana.raye.smith »

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 09:40:49 PM »
Mine is very very sparkly, like noticeable next to the other knights .. .like she never saw combat and stayed on the ship shining her armor, :(

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 04:27:04 AM »
Mine is very very sparkly, like noticeable next to the other knights .. .like she never saw combat and stayed on the ship shining her armor, :(
mine too, and it annoys the crap out of me.  either she needs to be repainted to match them or visa versa because right now she's way non-uniform to them.  I almost think the two guys should be repainted though, their faded metallic red will be harder to color match than her blingin' rure metallic red.   Plus her boots are brown, the kneepads are painted on her, she only has the cloak on her back not the kama under her belt, her lightsaber's blade is not removeeable...   God, between her inconsistency with the other two and the midget Krayt, it's amost like two different SW teams made the 2 figures from this set! 

the differences in this picture between the reds is NOT as obvious as it looking that in person: